1. Virginia
    December 27, 2019 @ 7:46 pm

Has anyone listed Harvey with Jimmy Stewart?

2. Linda
    December 27, 2019 @ 9:19 pm

The Lion in Winter–Peter O’Toole, Katherine Hepburn, Young Anthony Hopkins, delicious!
    To Kill a Mockingbird–Gregory Peck as the epitome of conscience! Told by a girl called Scout!
    Fried Green Tomatoes–Tawanda!
    The Emperor’s New Groove==Yay! I’m a llama again! Wait………..
    Sam Elliott because Sam Elliott. Also, Sean Connery. Yes, I know the issues, but that voice. Wowzer.

3. Diana
    December 28, 2019 @ 5:55 pm

Love The Family Man! Not movies, but The Durrells in Corfu and Parade’s End are life-alteringly good. Best kiss ever is North & South. Truly Madly Deeply is lovely. Eddie the Eagle is a pretty good family movie. Casanova with Sienna Miller is fun. A movie I’ve seen more than ten times is Priceless with Audrey Tautou. Oh, next-to-best-kiss ever Under the Greenwood Tree. Wait, also best kiss ever Firelight. Best pining for Jonny Lee Miller Mansfield Park.

• Diana
      January 9, 2020 @ 4:59 am

Oh, I forgot to say To Walk Invisible was really good.

• Diana
        January 9, 2020 @ 5:02 am

And I just spent a week watching everybody else’s movies and they weren’t good. Only mine. I’m saying that in a cheerful public service kind of way. Which is kinder than boringly unbearable which is what I wanted to say.

4. elle
    December 29, 2019 @ 10:02 am

Did anyone mention Michael with John Travolta (as an unrefined angel) and Andie MacDowell. I’ll watch the whole movie, which I love, for the very last scene of Michael dancing with a ghostly Jean Stapleton. Another good one that I’ve never seen mentioned elsewhere is Three Came Home (it’s a true WWII female POW camp story that is SO uplifting, with Claudette Colbert. Or try not to cry (both sad and happy tears) watching Penny Serenade with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne. I actually have a copy of this and the next one, Since You Went Away, with a stellar cast: Claudette Colbert again, Jennifer Jones, Joseph Cotton, a teenaged Shirley Temple and a lot of others you’ll recognize. Portrait of Jennie, a Selznic film featuring his wife, Jennifer Jones, and Joseph Cotton. In case you couldn’t tell, I love Jennifer Jones! It all started with the 1945 Love Letters. This may be my all time favorite movie. Ms. Jones and Mr. Cotton again in a romantic movie with a couple of twists. And lastly, although both Kevin Costner and Russel Crowe did an admirable job portraying my favorite thief, there is NO comparison to Errol Flynn’s Robin Hood!

5. Marlena
    December 30, 2019 @ 3:32 pm

Late to this party, but Family Stone, The Holiday, French Kiss in which Kevin Kline speaks French so well my Hubby a native French speaker thought he was French. The Scarlet Pimpernel with Anthony Andrews and Jane Seymour, fun for all ages! Always love Anything Jane Austin, pride and prejudice with Colin firth, Sense and Sensibility. The Court Jester, Snowball Express and the original animated Grinch…..

6. Destiny
    December 31, 2019 @ 10:15 am

My absolute 3 faves are Back to the Future, Splendor in the Grass, and Urban Cowboy. I do love so many of the ones you listed – Goodfellas was an indulgence for many years. Of course, there are tons more that I just love: The Sound of Music & Mary Poppins (the one with Julie Andrews), When Harry Met Sally, American Grafitti, Terms of Endearment and of course Shawshank Redemption and Forrest Gump are two of the most well laid out movies ever! Throw in Grease and Heathers! I also LOVE all the John Hughes movies of the 80s. When my son was little he LOVED the movie Cars and I have to agree the first one is pure gold (but it is essentially the same movie as Doc Hollywood) but the creativity of everything relating to cars was really something as well. It is still a fave and one of the few kids movies I never tired of.

7. Katie
    January 3, 2020 @ 5:42 pm

Kind Hearts and Coronets

Dark humor at its finest!

8. Barbara Kluver
    January 4, 2020 @ 11:47 am

The Tale of Despereaux

9. Julie
    January 6, 2020 @ 6:36 pm

I love the 1940’s Pride & Prejudice with Greer Garson & Laurence Olivier.

Imagine living in a time when it was an insult to you for someone to say:

” I send no compliments to your mother”

10. Christine
    January 7, 2020 @ 12:30 am

After having made up a list of these great suggestions, here is mine:

I suggest the comedies after the sad/weird movies.

Crazy Rich Asians
    Benjamin Button
    Amelie
    Vanilla Sky
    Memento
    Wedding Crashers
    Now You see Me
    Horns
    Random Harvest
    Flawless

and I concur with About Time, Age of Adeline, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings movies and Oh Brother Where art Thou.