1. Vikki
    November 29, 2018 @ 9:54 pm

Okay, so you don’t get to have that magical cook top in Philly because in Philly the rain falls everywhere, whereas in Spain the rain falls mainly on the plain! If I had my way you would be able to have the magical cook top.

2. sweetfe
    November 29, 2018 @ 10:25 pm

Wow! That is SO COOL! If you figure out how to DIY it….please make sure to document it for the rest of us! Really, so amazing! Thanks for sharing!

3. judy
    November 29, 2018 @ 10:59 pm

Paranoia-but beware of seemingly really weird comments,especially when there are multiples. I am elderly and read a lot of political blogs and the spew that splatters across these sites is toxic and IMHO meant to be. Evidently this garbage has been successful in heightening some into a sadly antagonistic attitude toward those they consider outsiders or “different”. I don’t think they realize how sophisticated the majority of Americans are.Too grown up to rise to this BS. It really is so juvenile and silly. But it may be inspired by a very dark motivation. Divided we fall -divide and conquer- and 1984 all over again. Chilling if true .

4. Vanessa
    November 30, 2018 @ 10:21 am

Looks seamless and cool, but I would worry about the beautiful countertops. They would get scratched and stained from use- no way to avoid it. I also worry about cracks and that would mean total replacement. I’ve worked with induction cooking before (chef in a previous life) and it’s great. (My current kitchen is gas and while I’m used to it and love the instant heat/instant off control, gas is messy. My cabinets , ceiling, and lights are covered with filth. It’s awful to clean. My next kitchen will have an induction cooktop.) Best of luck in your kitchen build- it’s so very beautiful and you’re a gifted storyteller!!

5. Jenn
    November 30, 2018 @ 10:36 am

It’s official – You’re a GENIUS! I can’t wait to see you guys make this happen 🙂

6. Jan
    December 2, 2018 @ 9:19 am

I love the way the counter top looks, but the possibility of some pretty serious accidents would terrify me. When he was small, my oldest son (now grown) was at a friend’s house with a baby sitter, and reached over and touched a hot burner on a glass stove top mounted in an island with seating. The stove top was turned off, but it was still very hot. He was lucky he didn’t need skin grafts. The thought of someone accidentally touching the burner when it’s on without realizing it would make me very nervous. Other than that, I think your kitchen is going to be amazing–I love every single other thing you’ve done.

7. Jan
    December 2, 2018 @ 9:26 am

OK–just read the comments on induction cook tops, and how you can’t burn yourself. Never mind my comment above. You learn something new every day! 🙂

8. Susan Hurst
    December 3, 2018 @ 5:44 pm

I just saw this today in the showroom of SP Group in Elk Grove Village IL, just outside Chicago (1435 Tonne Rd, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007.) They are apparently the first people doing it in the US. They have it under porcelain — in fact, a porcelain that looks a lot like slate, which I know you have thought about using. It was really cool seeing this in person, and I thought of you right away! Perhaps you have already found them, if not, I thought I’d pass this along.

9. Ruth
    December 4, 2018 @ 1:47 am

This is in Chicago…I think. Just found it on google 🤷‍♀️: https://www.sapienstone.com/integrated-induction-cooker

10. jb
    December 4, 2018 @ 8:36 am

Dear Elizabeth, Physics, my dear correspondent. The physics of heat and cold expansion and contraction of materials confronts the ‘magic’ of induction. The induction currents would work but the top would not. The lovely sheet of stone in your garage is made of tiny crystals oriented in various directions. When heat is applied they would expand in various directions and would fracture the surface in short order. In addition, the stone surface is porous and would ‘drink’ up stains like crazy.
    The porcelain of the manufactured tops is non-crystalline ceramic and therefore relatively immune to the stresses of expansion and contraction. Like a teacup, it handles the heat and unless crazed, resists stain. That TPB top does look good. Go for it. I’m certain the circuitry would be adapted our 60 cycle electricity. I don’t think I’d cut on the surface. I’d rather my knives encounter wood or plastic and leave their edges intact.
    I would be interested to see ‘hot surface’ warning works. Let us know when its installed, we’ll be over. Best to you and yours,

• Pau Pando
      December 4, 2018 @ 4:58 pm

Hi all,

Im the export manager for TPB Tech! So please ask away if anybody has any questions.

First of all TPB Tech is a 4 layered worktop certified in the US under UL certification so if anybody says that they have a similar product be aware to check certificiations. But this technology would not work completely work with just a worktop.
      You can put an inductor underneith Ceramic or Porcelain or even Corian but this surfaces can only take up to 100 degrees celcius (boiling water) so there is other companies that say they have this tecnology but they really don’t.

And yes, Sapienstone is one of our clients in the US so it is TPB Tech technology. We will be exhibing in the KBIS in Vegas in February with our partner Tau Ceramica.

So TPB Tech is available in the US so ask if anybody needs any further information.

JB, you are right, thats why TPB Tech second layer is aluminim, The aluminium discipates the heat so the ceramic doesn’t break. Plus we have a patented pan system where the pans are elevated with a ring so we achive 50% less residual heat to the surface, it also doesnt scratch the surface and pans are always clean as food does not attach to the bottom of the pans. By elevating the pan we also achive 40% energy saving compared to any other induction hob in the market.

This is a new partnership of a 2 Michelin star restaurant in Barcelona with only TPB Tech cooking technology in there restaurant.

We are also working with a 1 Michelin star chef in US, his restaurant will be open its doors in 2019 and when its open we will let you know more detials so stay in touch!

For anything else do not hesitate to contact!

11. Kristine
    January 26, 2019 @ 12:25 pm

I’ve never written before but had to chime in with two things: 1) Victoria, your voice, style, individuality, love of animals and wicked sense of humor (often self-depricating) make each post a treat I look forward to reading and 2) I’m stealing all your ideas because they are way better than my own. You are awesome!

12. Jennifer Domingos
    March 24, 2019 @ 10:42 pm

So…did you actually master the concept into reality or is this still conceptualized in your mind. Forgive me for asking, but it was unclear to me. Also, if it does exist (which I am praying it is) do you have a post about how you accomplished this, with step-by-step-for-dummies-who-know-nothing-about-electrical-magic directions?

…asking for a friend…