1. Wendee
    December 5, 2017 @ 12:51 am

I needed this today! I bought festive bags on sale in October and have decided they need bows.

The urge to throw them out the window is part of the process…… toooooooo funny! Clearly, you have seen me crafting.

Thank you for this timely and hilarious write-up!

2. Anne Dodd
    December 5, 2017 @ 12:01 pm

You are hilarious and magical. A Keebler elf on speed and too many cookies as raised by Bunny Mellon and Elsa Schiaparelli. I wish you lived next door. You could borrow wired ribbon and double sided tape any time. Thank you for your inspired and insane projects. Your house is gorgeous and Paul should be canonized. Merry Christmas! I am going to make my giant bow out of 8 inch leopard ribbon. Pray that I don’t strangle myself or my (similarly saintly as Paul) husband.

3. Darla Shelley
    December 10, 2017 @ 9:32 pm

You are hysterically funny. You remind me of how I think! Not to mention I totally know how to follow your bow instructions!!
    Thanks for the laugh and my awesome bow!
    darla

4. Rebecca Grace
    December 14, 2017 @ 10:09 am

So, do you own a serger (a.k.a. overlocker) machine by any chance? Just wanted to let you know that you can turn any plain giant fancy ribbon into wired ribbon with a serger, and you can even make your own wired ribbon from any fabric your heart desires with a serger, you just serge a rolled hem along the edges of ribbon or fabric strips while the thin wire feeds between the thread and the fabric. Like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlqjaNxRIDM . It sews so much faster than a regular sewing machine and you can make yards and yards of custom ribbons and trims in minutes.
    Tell Paul you want a serger for Christmas if you don’t already have one. Someone as fancy as you deserves to have unique, custom ribbon bows and limitless DIY decorating possibilities. Also M&J Trimmings is a fabulous online resource for ribbons, and their ribbons are 20% off right now: https://www.mjtrim.com/.

5. Tilesbay
    December 22, 2017 @ 4:32 pm

Interesting Post. Thanks! 🙂

6. Kimberly Humphreys
    January 22, 2018 @ 7:22 am

Your personality is absolutely wonderful and hilarious! You made this tutorial so relatable and funny. I feel so much more confident now to go start making my bows. Your Mother should be proud, you may think you don’t have talent, but i think youll find that your quite talented afterall. I wish i could read more of anyrhing you had to say. Xoxo

7. Pat Van Devender
    April 22, 2018 @ 4:48 pm

Lady, you are a hoot! This was as much fun to read as it was about learning. Entertaining as well as informative. Thank you.

8. Sean Blaney
    September 11, 2018 @ 5:54 pm

Thank you for making this tutorial! I have a feeling making a bow like this is something that probably comes more or less naturally to most women, but for some reason as a guy I’m just not good at crafty stuff like this… so having a step by step tutorial helps a lot 🙂

9. Brittany
    February 26, 2019 @ 1:16 pm

Rest assured I’m not a psycho crazy stalker or anything weird I promise lol! However after reading your post about your mother I WANT TO BE UR MOTHER!! LOL I CAN ONLY HOPE TO BE HALF THE AMAZING WOMEN SHE SOUNDS TO BE🥰😍🤗💕 thank you 🙏🏻 so very much for this bow love it!

10. Sandypnnc
    October 27, 2019 @ 1:09 pm

You are so funny. I love your sense of humor and your bow making skills with the stapler. Just a thought, but I really like the long zip ties for the center of my bows and you can tighten them very well. Just a thought.😁

11. Floranet
    November 15, 2019 @ 3:12 am

Useful Content. Thanks a lot for the info!

12. Vanessa
    December 4, 2019 @ 7:14 pm

I found myself laughing and thinking this person is my twin because you just don’t know how many times I have tried to tie a bow. I need to tell you the stapler advise was genius. I can tie the bow and I really enjoyed the tutorial. Thank you!!!

13. Christine Masterson
    December 5, 2019 @ 6:27 am

Waao, I love it. It looks huge but mesmerizing. It goes perfectly with the wreath. I can use this to put on my outside door. People are saying it is weird but it is great for big decoration on to put on something which is big enough to hold this bow.
    Good Luck!

14. Shelley Rodgers
    December 6, 2019 @ 2:33 pm

Personally, I think your blog is a cleverly disguised humor post, interspersed with directions on making decorator bows. A most excellent piece of writing. 🙂

15. Colleen
    December 23, 2019 @ 12:30 pm

I too have so much of that red-with-gold-scrolls ribbon in my ribbon bin. Why do we have so much? Was it on sale? In an effort to use up some of what I have, I plan to use it on my wreaths. Yes, it’s 2 days until Christmas and my wreaths aren’t up but I keep looking at that ribbon and…ugh! Maybe if I make a fancy bow like this it will be okay.

Thanks for the tutorial and merry Christmas!