1. Linda T
    December 23, 2013 @ 12:22 am

I thoroughly enjoyed your instructions for making a bow. It wasn’t just about the bow, it was the humor of the whole process. Thanks for the great laugh. Am posting to pinterest as you’re bow instructions would interest others but also I hope they will enjoy you’re great sense of humor like I did. I still chuckle at some of the comments you made..
    Merry Christmas

2. Sarah
    December 30, 2013 @ 2:39 pm

I love this tutorial, such a great way to use saved ribbon!

3. Linda Wise
    January 7, 2014 @ 3:35 pm

Hey loved this tutorial! You are funny as well as creative!

4. Riza
    August 8, 2014 @ 2:48 am

Hahaha. Your instructions are so much fun to read! I think this tip is full of wisdom: But at some point, you are going to think: it’s ALMOST right. I’ll do it again.
    Just one more time. DON’T DO IT. Almost is as good as you get.

Hurray for Kenny Rogers. :))

5. Riza
    August 8, 2014 @ 2:51 am

Wonderful bow by the way 🙂

6. Megan @ Our Pinteresting Family
    September 23, 2014 @ 8:06 am

Thank you for sharing this and I love the wreath tip too!

7. Deb
    September 25, 2014 @ 10:16 pm

Great post and instruction. Still giggling at non-giant ribbon.

8. Pam
    November 14, 2014 @ 8:21 am

I realize this is an old post but I just came across it, and am laughing so hard I am snorting coffee all over my keyboard. Thanks, Victoria, really needed that this morning! now I am actually looking forward to the bow-making session we scheduled at church!

9. Zadi
    November 29, 2014 @ 5:53 pm

Omg you saved my life today!! I have been reading bow tutorials literally for hours. One got me and it was ok. But I couldn’t recreate the bow when I decided I didn’t like it. Found yours and voilá!! Beautiful now with bells as a center. AND you are hilarious!! Love it. You are awesome!!!!

10. Katrina Batchelor
    December 1, 2014 @ 12:16 pm

I actually Did read the entire post and appreciated it more than you know. Making 14 wreaths for church and with your help the bows are sure to be beautiful. 🙂

11. Robin Wilson
    December 7, 2014 @ 10:34 pm

This would be awesome as a YouTube video…*hint* *hint*! Thanks for all of the tips. I sure did need a refresher course. I’d also love to see you make a bow that is smaller for a gift. I tend to think it’s a little different process.

12. Georgia Allison
    December 10, 2014 @ 1:30 pm

I may or may not try your method, only because I do not have the requisite basic skills! But your play by play is sooo funny!!! And I totally appreciate your honesty about practicing may or may not make perfect. It is overwhelming to see all the beautiful bloggy creations, which I love, and know how talented everyone is, and also know ……..me, not so much!! Thanks for your amusing tutorial!

13. 6 Merry Ideas for Budget-Friendly Holiday Decor - Texas Home and Garden
    December 11, 2014 @ 5:59 pm

[…] Big Best Holiday Bow via Hometalker Victoria @Victoria Elizabeth Barnes […]

14. Natalia Anderson
    December 16, 2014 @ 6:31 pm

Thank you! So easy to replicate! I don’t have any interest in a video, so your directions were absolutely perfect for me! Made bows for all the wreaths on my windows. Gorgeous.

15. Marie B
    November 8, 2015 @ 5:19 pm

It is now 2015 and I don’t know if you will read this, but that was such an entertaining tutorial! Thank you for teaching me how to make a bow……hopefully I can do it, but I was so entertained it doesn’t really matter! I am sure I can find a less entertaining , boring, bow making tute somewhere! God bless!

16. Sarah@The Teacher's Wife
    November 30, 2015 @ 8:48 am

I love this tutorial so much! I chuckled the entire time….both at your dialogue and the image of me messing this up completely. Although, you have inspired me to think seriously about giving this a try! Thanks for sharing your skill and giving me a laugh at the same time!

17. Brenda Satterfield
    March 26, 2016 @ 10:22 am

Thank you for the instructions. I have been making bows for years but am glad to have a instructions sheet. You have made my day. I am new with doing post. Have a great day and thanks again

18. Amy Rohde
    April 17, 2016 @ 7:14 pm

Guess what I just stumbled upon today at Michaels? I couldn’t believe my eyes but it was your identical gorgeous ribbon above and it was 70% off per roll. I bought all four rolls. I was so proud! And shocked. Where have they been hiding it all these years!?!?!

• Amy Rohde
      April 17, 2016 @ 7:16 pm

and my email isn’t actually @yahoho.com lol That was a typo… and a funny one.

19. Ida Cribb
    October 4, 2016 @ 3:34 pm

I love your humor and your bow… I certainly will use your tutorial in the future as well with my friends so they can understand the importance of knowing when to hold fold and staple.
    I too have much difficulty in bow making. I will say though once a bow maker finds their niche…and perfects “their” bow…don’t ever stop making bows. It’s harder to learn the second time around … lol
    Oh….and don’t waste your money on the BOWDABRA. You will only be MORE frustrated with bow making than before

20. Ida Cribb
    October 4, 2016 @ 3:36 pm

I too have a tote box full of ribbon that leads me right to the store every time. Lol