1. Samantha Stamey
    October 11, 2016 @ 12:00 pm

I stumbled upon this tutorial in one of my bouts of incessant Googling, and I have to say thanks! I’ve laughed so hard reading this! You’ve described almost every one of my crafting ventures in this one post! I can so relate!!! I love it!

2. Sonjal woods
    October 23, 2016 @ 3:02 pm

This is the best way to make Bowe I have found so far. I hope I able to follow your instructions in making it! I have very little patience too!
    Thank you so much for pinning this!
    My friend will thank you too, she is my bowe maker for everything!…LOL

3. Kimberly Delgado
    October 26, 2016 @ 12:53 pm

Omg this was hilarious. Then I took a sip of coffee and read your comment about twitching like a meth addict and it almost came out my nose! You are hysterically funny and I am your new fan <3 I am just like you obsessing over everything so I can totally identify 🙂

4. alicia
    November 11, 2016 @ 12:57 pm

Haha!! “Like Spanx for your bow”!!! Thank you. Leaving Michael’s $75.00 later, I know my wreaths will be gorgeous. The bow talk down was perfect. Thanks again!

5. Carla Hayes
    December 3, 2016 @ 11:34 pm

This was the most amazing how-to post ever written! I’ve never read any of your other posts, but I just subscribed because I want to read what you write!

Thank you!!!! Thank you!!!! Thank you!!! For making crafts as fun and serious-not-seroius as they should be!

6. Mandy
    December 4, 2016 @ 1:38 pm

Love your writing style. Yes yes the bow instructions were good too. Just what I needed. but your verbiage slays me:) “spanx for ribbon” — lol very clever!!!

7. Gay Lewis
    December 4, 2016 @ 6:03 pm

Really enjoyed your article on bow making. Not sure I could do it by your instructions but loved the extraneous info. Great read.

8. Dawn
    December 4, 2016 @ 10:54 pm

Ok…I love the banter! Just keep doing what you do best! Thank you!

9. L. Kern
    December 9, 2016 @ 7:53 pm

Loved the post .. and although I know how to make bows I like to check out other people’s techniques !
    You SHOULD have a show , I was laughing so hard at your instructions .., because every word was so true ! I said ,thought and did everything u quoted !!!!
    Keep up the good work !

10. Kim
    December 23, 2016 @ 9:39 am

Every time I read your posts I’m certain that we are sisters, separated by some obscure time/space continuum. I am in the midst of downsizing my stuff and trying to pare down to the bare necessities with a more mid-modern aesthetic these days, but love your style, nevertheless. Your tale of finding/buying/looking for the perfect ribbon is the story of my life! I do that with just about everything. My mom lives almost 1000 miles away and I have definitely searched for things in her zip code or a 100 mile radius and have implored her to get it for me. I thought I was the only one. My husband’s motto is “a bird in the hand” so I’ve been trying to adopt that, but now I’ve wound up with a lot of bags of miscellaneous items that need to be returned to about a hundred different locations. Guess who is going to be in charge of that?

11. Tari Anne
    January 22, 2017 @ 9:38 pm

I usually never comment on blogs, but I was roaring reading this one! Thanks for making me laugh, I needed it.

12. Liz Mullen
    September 3, 2017 @ 1:23 pm

You may not have the same crafty expertise as your Mother, but you can probably.kick her booty in wit and humor! Love your writing style AND your bows. Lol

13. Brie
    October 15, 2017 @ 9:29 pm

I have to tell you…..I enjoyed your commentary much more than the advice on bow making. Don’t get me wrong! I loved the bow and as a person who makes millions of bows for the millions of wreaths,floral arrangements and decor I make I know how to appreciate a bow and a bow tutorial! Please overlook my tendency to exaggerate…..I’m just built that way.
    I too have gone thru the many frustrating attempts only to end up with something worse than the first….lol
    I just couldn’t leave without telling you how much I enjoyed reading this post and I can’t wait to read more!
    I spent the first 45 years of my life unable to make anything worth showing off. I was not a crafty person at all. One day however I just decided I was going to do it because I needed the income I saw other people making with the fruits of their labor. Problem is like everything I do, I’m a perfectionist. This means I work much harder and longer than most for the end product…lol. But I do it, as I have come to enjoy it very much once I get started.
    Thanks for your post andand for taking the time to read my babble.:-)
    Brie

14. Kellie
    November 9, 2017 @ 11:27 am

Super simple directions made this fun and easy, once my fingers decided to cooperate. My boss asked for a Christmas bow for her planter, searched “step-by-step Christmas Bow” and wound up here. The first one I made was HUGE, like monster-big compared to the plant it was supposed to adorn, so I scrunched the poor thing up in the middle and it totally works! Plus, my boss loves it! Hooray!

15. Denise
    November 14, 2017 @ 5:40 pm

I almost never subscribe to blogs, but I like you. So, there you go!

16. Beverly Craig
    November 18, 2017 @ 8:21 pm

This is cute, but you were so busy being funny, I couldn’t find a how to on the center loop. Gonna guess 😢

17. Elaine
    November 24, 2017 @ 11:20 pm

Really great article. I enjoyed reading and laughing as I learned about bow making!

18. Bridgette Davis
    November 28, 2017 @ 9:25 am

This is the absolute best tutorial of bow making I have seen! Thank you!!! Merry Christmas 🎀🎀

19. Barbara Lapins
    December 3, 2017 @ 3:59 pm

Very nicely done! Your tutorial is great. It has been a number of years since I’ve made bows (back during my wreath decorating state), but I have bins and bins of all kinds of ribbons. Use a lot of the smaller width ribbons for decorating my home made greeting cards.

20. sabina
    December 3, 2017 @ 4:39 pm

I subscribed because at the end of your tutorial I was smiling from ear to ear. Your sense of humor is simply infectious and your instructions are wonderfully clear. Thank you soo much. Huge huge hug.