1. Linda Hill
    November 29, 2019 @ 7:11 pm

Much ado about nothing….get a life ladies.

• Trish
      December 5, 2019 @ 10:39 pm

And yet, here you are!

2. Ann
    November 29, 2019 @ 9:00 pm

Dianne E Averill — if you’re the shortest person using the kitchen, stand in front of a worktop with your arm straight down by your side; the ideal is the point where the ball of your wrist bone is level with the top of the worktop. I’ve read that if your base cabinets are hung from the wall, you could move them up or down reasonably easily if the next family to use the kitchen were, say, much shorter, by tweaking the toekick.

VEB — I suggest that you consider adding rods for other items on rolls when you plan where your paper towels will go — foil, Saran wrap, baking parchment. I’m not sure what the best holder is; so far, the prettiest seem to have poor cutters.

3. Roz headley
    November 30, 2019 @ 2:39 am

You really should consider a ventilation system of some kind…….ours is not working and we have a lot of moisture and an amazing amount of cooking oil film collecting on our counter and cabinets.

4. Di
    November 30, 2019 @ 10:38 am

This is probably in the lists but:
    Yes-a “pantry” with all pull out drawers. When we bought a house I saw only two big doors, BUT it had 6 pullout drawers behind them so I had room to spare. Also a corner “Lazy Susan” shelving helps stick those rarely used pots way in the back.
    We also put pullouts in our small condo kitchen and it was a nice selling feature.
    People say granite is overdone but I love the colors and the ability to put anything on it. I’d never get all black-shows everything but we had a marbling of cream/browns and I rarely saw any prints, etc on it.

5. Kay
    November 30, 2019 @ 5:50 pm

We just finished a major first floor reno which included the kitchen demo down to the studs. We are so pleased with the options we chose. No upper cabinets (some open shelving), except for the corner of the kitchen with the oven/microwave-speed cook oven and pantry and a coffee bar cabinet at the opposite end of our long kitchen. Induction cooktop is awesome, would never go back to anything else. Massive island with nothing but work space the whole 9 feet. Deep, rectangular under mounted sink with drain located on the right side. Husband insisted on cabinet fronts for fridge and dishwasher and I have to say he was right. The best part are all the windows. Old kitchen had deep garden windows that were smallish and now windows all along one wall, except where cooktop is. It brings our backyard garden right into the kitchen. The whole thing (including laundry/mudroom, front hall and staircase, and powder room) took 4 1/2 months. And I don’t ever want to live through it again. But now that we were able to enjoy it all for the first time for Thanksgiving, it was worth all the agony.

6. Shirley Pott
    December 1, 2019 @ 12:17 am

I wonder if any feline residents might not be fascinated by the foot switch for the faucet? Smart critters, those felines.

7. Nippon
    December 2, 2019 @ 12:52 am

You rock with your writing!! Spectacular one for sure.