1. The new Mrs
    March 30, 2016 @ 11:08 pm

I think that you are personally responsible for me now being the owner of a victorian mahogany framed mirror that is 8 1/2 feet high. I want to put it in my mudroom. My new spouse was a gem to buy it for e but thinks the mudroom idea is insane. We shall see …

2. Suzanne
    March 31, 2016 @ 1:17 am

It’s perfect! That is sooo soooo cool. I am envious.

3. Lori
    March 31, 2016 @ 3:21 pm

That is the most glorious find ever! Trust your gut girl, you clearly have the vision. I’m in the Philly area too – where are these places you mention??

4. Christine
    March 31, 2016 @ 4:16 pm

I’m on pins and needles waiting with all of your other faithful fans — to see this new, exciting, horrendously, out of this world, can’t live without it, GFT!!!

5. Diana I.
    March 31, 2016 @ 7:13 pm

OMG! I love the fancy antique chalkboard!!! It is exquisite. You were absolutely right to go back and get it. What if it had not been there??? Gasp! You dodged a bullet.
    Hang it on the wall. That is where it belongs. It is beautiful and to be admired – it may even outshine the GFT – but we won’t know until we FINALLY get to see the GFT.
    Thanks for brightening a rainy day.

6. Joan Larae Thurman
    April 1, 2016 @ 10:36 am

Beautiful. Good find & good save. Congrats.

7. Mrs. Marc Otto
    April 1, 2016 @ 12:08 pm

I really hope you can find a way to hang it so it opens like a book. I think it would make a great guest book. We have a chalk wall in our house that people graffiti on and it’s quite nostalgic. 🙂

8. Mary
    April 2, 2016 @ 1:41 am

I’ve read this post three times. It makes me snort out loud. Your writing expresses my thoughts about my hoarding addictions but with grace & razor sharp wit. YES. I’m of the snorting age when you laugh. YES. I don’t care. I’ll admit it. Love you Victoria Elisabeth Barnes.

9. Mary
    April 2, 2016 @ 1:46 am

PS
    LOTS of people are bloggers. Probably too many. Very few are able to write! You are are a writer. One of the very few.

10. Lan
    April 2, 2016 @ 3:20 pm

You are a genius! You make me want things I did not know existed. I want to be you for a day! ?

11. Diane
    April 2, 2016 @ 3:53 pm

At first glance, I got all tingly…
    Awesome score. Seriously awesome.

12. Angel
    April 6, 2016 @ 12:00 pm

LOVE this, and your stories! I wish there were more things like that around here.

13. Carole
    April 7, 2016 @ 11:20 am

I laughed so hard at this post! I had to read it out loud to my husband. I could just hear you say “Turn around!! Go back!!”

14. Kelly
    April 8, 2016 @ 3:32 am

OMG I just found you. I love you! We’re kindred! Teach me your ways!!

15. Wanda
    April 9, 2016 @ 9:19 am

OMG! I saw the pin on Pinterest and the title pulled me in. Perfect!! You have a new fan. 🙂 I love the chalkboard and I love your writing style. Now I have to see if you got it hung. I just had my husband hang a door that I made into a chalkboard. Not a pleasant experience, I tell ya. He can’t figure out why I always have to hang 50 lb. objects where there is no stud. LOL

16. Justine Y @ Little Dove
    April 20, 2016 @ 2:30 am

Oh my gosh, that piece is incredible and I want one. Badly. 10 minutes ago I didn’t even know such things existed, but now my life won’t be complete without one.

17. Kimberly
    April 20, 2016 @ 5:47 pm

Nothing worse than buyers remorse……Great find!!! I listen to my husband very seldom to never!!!

18. Hattie Mills
    May 2, 2016 @ 5:29 pm

I do this all the time! I suffer from Non-Buyer Remorse! I over analyze it until I justify not needing it and end up wanting nothing but that thing for months until I break down and buy it or something just like it! I know the feeling well.

19. Laurie
    May 10, 2016 @ 9:12 pm

You found a treat in Arkansas? Can’t wait to see! Next time you’re around, give me a shout – I’ll show you around the NW corner (aka – the good part). 🙂

Also, that thing is AMAZING!

20. Alison
    May 16, 2016 @ 9:54 am

I must say, I have become so addicted to your blog!! You’ve inspired me to create my own (it’s also a way for me to be accountable in getting any of my house projects done ha ha).

I also took inspiration from your housewarming gift that you created for your friend a while ago and decided to do something similar for wedding presents as a more unique option than picking something from the registry.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration and continuous entertainment 🙂

21. Carol Cox
    May 23, 2016 @ 7:13 am

I just finished inhaling your entire blog. Thank you!

22. Melissa
    May 23, 2016 @ 7:52 pm

Love it!! Oh the many times I have missed out on a GFT because I didn’t listen to my inner HTHI (Have to Have it!) voice! Great purchase!

23. Pam
    June 29, 2016 @ 4:13 pm

Your blog…….rocks!!!!

24. Lisa Douglas
    July 5, 2016 @ 11:38 am

It will be hard for you to believe but I just discovered you existed! I guess I’ve been hiding under a rock. I LOVE your posts… if I had a big house to fill and money with which to fill it I would be you! You are hysterically funny and it seems your husband is saintly. He obviously really really loves you. Where did you find him!?! Until I win the lottery and find that big house I will just live vicariously through you! (Craigslist IS great.. and estate sales and trash day.)

25. Kim
    July 12, 2016 @ 11:20 am

So.Many.Sisters. Sometimes I think I’m all alone and then, BAM!, so many others like me. It’s good to find your tribe. Totally love the chalkboard!

26. Leona
    July 23, 2016 @ 4:18 pm

I totally understand your dilemma I would have been sidetracked by my hubby too. I also would have looked it up. I don’t think I would have made it out of the parking lot. Lol

27. Terri Cain
    July 31, 2016 @ 10:50 am

Agreed…this was a NEED item. I can only imagine the self-deprecating feelings I myself would have had walking away from such a beauty!

28. Kelly Habermehl
    September 25, 2016 @ 6:21 pm

So, I told your story to my hubby while showing him the photo of the ‘thing’ and explaining how your hubby thwarted your acquisition intuition, and pointed out how my hubby always tries to do that too, and then I scrolled up to the photo of the value of the ‘thing’ and explained, with great patience and understanding, that the moral to the story is…
    ‘The wife is ALWAYS right’ (in case he still had any doubts.)

29. Joy
    September 29, 2016 @ 3:44 pm

Yes!! Oh, wow. I was sweating this story out. I mean, my heart was racing that SURELY you did not leave this behind!! Thank you so much for coming to your senses. Also, good job to Paul for turning it around!!

30. Beth Mollet
    October 18, 2016 @ 7:48 am

Mercy. I’ve found my honest to goodness twin in YOU, Elizabeth. You express my own feelings to a T. A true T. Not an i or other alphabet letter that means nothing. I’ve found my twin. They say (who are “they” anyway?) that we all have a twin in this life. Well…you are it, my OCD friend. I’ve had my John stop for this or that along side the road- and while he hates to “drag home more junk” as he puts it- I’m sitting on the other side of the truck beaming and plotting about where said road side item will land in or around our home.
    It’s a fine line between marriage and divorce- we have crossed that line back and forth in our conversations while hauling home more “junk”. Fun times.

31. Cheralee
    October 19, 2016 @ 11:45 am

I thought I was the only one who argued with her Self! ? Awesome find!

32. Sarah
    October 23, 2016 @ 9:17 pm

I am completely, totally, madly in love with you!

33. Erin@dfmidesigns
    October 28, 2016 @ 10:40 am

Way to recover and triumph! $200 would have been steep for me, but it is an awesome find! Congrats!

34. Lisa
    October 31, 2016 @ 7:28 am

THAT is an awesome find! I’m so glad you looked it up. It’s beautiful. Great story too!!

35. Aubrey
    November 8, 2016 @ 9:56 pm

Ohhhh I love that Giant Fancy Thing! It is now placed in my list of TINKIWBNHTH
    Things I Never Knew I Wanted But Now Have To Have.
    I am so happy it was there for you when you went back!

36. Cheri
    November 10, 2016 @ 11:47 am

I’ve allowed my very sensible husband to talk me out of a thing or two and each time I think, “now why did I do that”.
    Not anymore!!
    Kudos to you.. enjoy your very special find..
    I say here here to shiny things!

37. Norma
    November 12, 2016 @ 6:51 am

OMG! I do that all the time, talk myself out of something and have to go back and get it! Hoping it’s still there the whole way back! Lol

38. Thespoena
    January 27, 2017 @ 7:24 pm

Oh my gosh girl you had me giggling uncontrollably lol. Thanks for sharing this. Im so with you on the thought process 🙂

39. Joyce Stepancevich
    August 3, 2017 @ 2:01 am

Victoria, You are awesome, you and your husband Paul a real life “Hollywood” love story. Glad there are people like you both in this world. I came across one of your stories a day ago and laughed none stop and continue to enjoy each adventure you’ve shared. Your home is beautiful. I’ve looked for a blog on your living room “coffee” table. It looks like it was repurposed. Would love to know the story behind that piece. A forever fan that shares your love of a bygone age, kitties and the thrill of a great deal.
    Joyce S. Ravenna, MI