1. LaurieC
    August 13, 2013 @ 11:50 am

Congratulations!, and I hope you have a most wonderful vacation celebrating the beauty and joy of your wedding day, and of getting married. I never had that. A wedding. Not having a mind of my own at the time, we went to the justice of the peace…. and each year I felt sorrow and deep regret on my anniversary, because the date was not ‘special’ – there weren’t any special memories to relive. So the anniversary was never special to me. It didn’t take me long to realize I had made a mistake , and finally, 30 years later, after much effort to make it ‘not’ be a mistake, I got out of it. What I love most about your love story, is that it is real, and not paperback fiction. It’s comforting to know people really can have ‘it’. So thank you for sharing the story of your love and marriage and wedding. It gives others who might not know, the information that ‘it’ really can be real – if one finds the right person, and if one makes it ‘special’.

I so loved the first photo you shared. It too was a dose of something being made ‘real’, that before I thought happened only in old movies. People in long gowns, dancing. I’ve never been to anything formal, never went to a prom etc, so it was wonderful seeing the photo. Everyone looks so happy in the photo. It’s a joy to look at. Do you by any chance remember what song might have been playing at the time of that photo? There is much love shown in all the couples. Thank you again, for sharing your joy, and love, and letting others see that it can be real.

2. Juli
    August 13, 2013 @ 11:52 am

Happy anniversary! You have very pretty carriage and arms. Do I detect some ballet training?

3. Marian
    August 13, 2013 @ 11:52 am

Best wishes, congratulations and many more! ( I sense some ballet training in you.)

4. Gillian
    August 13, 2013 @ 11:52 am

I love, love, LOVE! the video 🙂 I am not sure if today is your anniversary but it is my second anniversary and August is a wonderful time to celebrate! Congrats!

5. Laurie
    August 13, 2013 @ 12:00 pm

Congratulations on your anniversary. I find your dynamic very entertaining so here’s to many more!

Also, I have followed your advice and properly stalked your ENTIRE blog. You’re welcome. This put me in such a VEB state of mind that this weekend while I was at a home show, I kept thinking I needed to photograph the very fancy designs for you. I didn’t realize you were creating minions when I got into this.

6. DB
    August 13, 2013 @ 12:03 pm

Happy Anniversary V&P,

Nine years later and you both look like you’d fit into your beautiful Wedding outfits.

7. Naomi J
    August 13, 2013 @ 12:34 pm

That was the most adorable thing I have ever seen! Congrats you guys! I hope it’s lovely!

8. Donna Huebsch
    August 13, 2013 @ 12:51 pm

Happy 9th anniversary! Nothing test the mettle of a marriage like living in the middle of a restoration/renovation – you guys are doing a great job. Loved the video, especially the 2013 update 🙂

9. Jenna
    August 13, 2013 @ 1:10 pm

I love how the video starts with you dancing by yourself and him like “will she stop? Should I just grab her? What next?”It reminded me of my marriage! Happy shared Anniversary, today is my 3rd:) All the best people got married on the 13th!

10. Kathy Woodman
    August 13, 2013 @ 1:55 pm

Congratulations! Love the post and video. I’ve been married four times longer than you and cannot believe that my husband has never written me a love note when asking me to get my stuff out of his garage. Not that it would have made a difference – my treasures would still be there, apparently taking up space where a motor vehicle could have resided – but it would have been sweet. Love your blog, and am sharing it with everyone I know!

11. Tamara
    August 13, 2013 @ 1:57 pm

You bring a smile to my face! Thank you!

12. Donna Grobell
    August 13, 2013 @ 2:15 pm

I just wanted to let you know that I am married to Paul’s double and his name is Greg. We have just started our fourth (and last) major reno. I still like to give him advice on how to do things even tho my past experience is as a tool hander not a tool operator. In my defence I watch reno shows on TV all the time and that is the same as experience…. right?

Love your blog…..

13. Anne
    August 13, 2013 @ 2:17 pm

Is there anything sexier than a man who can twirl you around a dance floor. No. No there isn’t. Paul is a lucky man to have such a talented wife to dance with.
    Congratulations! We are celebrating 9 years in a couple of weeks and my husband could write me the same note. Instead he prefers to put on episodes of Hoarders – Buried Alive and call the kids in and say LOOK boys! It’s Mommy! Enjoy your vacation.

14. Kathryn
    August 13, 2013 @ 3:00 pm

I love each post, your wit is perfectly sublime. Can we say sitcom, fun. Congrats on 9 years, hopes for many more

15. Catherine W.
    August 13, 2013 @ 3:18 pm

I cannot look at your wedding pictures. Too many tall, thin, gorgeous people and beautiful choreography.

16. Sandi
    August 13, 2013 @ 3:31 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Looks like it was a gorgeous wedding fit for a princess. 🙂 Wait until you hit 36 years like us!! I still feel 20 on the inside though. HAPPY DAY!!
    Blessings~

17. Mimi
    August 13, 2013 @ 3:50 pm

You made us all feel like twirling

18. Sneza
    August 13, 2013 @ 4:02 pm

Awww… cute couple.

19. Laura
    August 13, 2013 @ 4:05 pm

You have a way of talking about – and even complaining about – Paul that is never demeaning, never disrespectful. It is what keeps me coming back to read your blog: the love and adoration that obviously oozes out of your pores for each other. My parents built a house together when I was 6-9. I remember the raging arguments; they were actually advised to make a line item for marriage counseling in their house budget! Anyway, thank you for having such a beautiful marriage and speaking well of your husband always.

20. Molly
    August 13, 2013 @ 4:33 pm

How lovely! Dancing together strengthens a marriage.
    Happy anniversary and may you dance through life’s trials and tribulations always in step with each other.

21. Carmen
    August 13, 2013 @ 4:37 pm

Congratulations! Loved the pictures and the video just so fun and timeless! Kind of like you both! Enjoy :o)

22. Anne
    August 13, 2013 @ 4:45 pm

Happy anniversary!

23. Jeanette Clawson
    August 13, 2013 @ 5:30 pm

Of course the woman who embodies the love of large fancy things would have such a beautiful wedding in the perfect setting. When I saw the first picture I thought “That looks like The King and I.” So imagine my surprise when that is what it WAS! I am psychic, or something! I love your blog. Thank you for bringing me so much happiness! I am so glad that you have found a person to help you generate happiness. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 19 years and it just keeps getting better. I hope you enjoy the anniversary – I hope you will post pictures of the trip. I’m guessing it was micromanaged to perfection.

24. wmm
    August 13, 2013 @ 5:36 pm

Well done! Many years more!

25. Brian Smingler
    August 13, 2013 @ 5:41 pm

What a lovely video you two look like you are still in love and there is a spark there. Nice, very nice may you have 40 more together.
    No question that you have a special husband!

26. Danielle @Storypiece
    August 13, 2013 @ 5:53 pm

Happy Anniversary, you newlyweds!

27. Alex
    August 13, 2013 @ 6:26 pm

Happy Anniversary lady!!!

“Dear Hoarder Victoria, I love you—now get your shit out of my garage.” Yeah James and Paul need to hang out.

28. Nicole
    August 13, 2013 @ 6:30 pm

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! Your photos are beautiful! I love love 🙂

29. Vanessa @ Her Heart Proclaims
    August 13, 2013 @ 7:01 pm

So so sweet!

Happy Anniversary to you, Hoarder Victoria, and Paul!

30. Christina
    August 13, 2013 @ 7:28 pm

Congratulations!

And my husband likes Paul more and more each post I force him to listen to while I read aloud.

31. Mary Beth
    August 13, 2013 @ 8:16 pm

I’m a new reader and I’ve fallen in love. Your humor and wit and your husband’s love note that I know is something like what my husband would leave me have me smiling ear to ear. Sarcasm and love and humor and wit and frankness all rolled into one. I can’t wait to read more. Happy Anniversary! My hope is that nine years from now, as I just got married this past May, I am as funny and as graceful as you all.

32. Susan
    August 13, 2013 @ 8:21 pm

Inlove your blog but I am constantly stymied in commenting, granted I am certainly old enough to be your mother but I would really like to be relevant! Can u take a look at your messaging process?

33. Patina and Company
    August 13, 2013 @ 8:56 pm

Happy anniversary and best of luck for all the projects to come!

34. Sharon
    August 13, 2013 @ 9:00 pm

You two are so damn cute and, seemingly, perfect for one another. Congratulations!

35. tammigirl
    August 13, 2013 @ 10:41 pm

Standing ovation after that video here from the Beautiful Velez Bedroom.

(if you don’t count the unfinished projects hanging around and the laundry in various stages of washed/foldeness)

36. Mickey
    August 13, 2013 @ 11:37 pm

Brilliant. AGAIN. Keep ’em comin’!

37. Lisa W.
    August 14, 2013 @ 1:27 am

You will make the Duchess of Cambridge green with envy if she ever sees this ! Her wedding was a bit dowdy by comparison, quite frankly. You have a tremendous flair for making all things big, bright and beautiful…. your wedding being an excellent example of that ! I have enjoyed reading your blog for the last month or so – where I have seen many examples of your “raccoon” brilliance demonstrated . So thanks for sharing and may you have many more happy, creative and fulfilling years with your husband ! And many more years of blogging – Please !

38. D'Arcy H
    August 14, 2013 @ 1:47 am

Happy anniversary Victoria and Paul! I hope you’re having a wonderful time, somewhere that doesn’t require renovation. Your marriage is wonderful; you and I are blessed that we found men who can put up with our reams and direction and can do anything–and well. Eric doesn’t dance like that … but he builds one hell of a cabinet! Many more happy years to you both!

39. Linda S.
    August 14, 2013 @ 7:10 am

Happy Aniversary! Great blog, so great I insisted my husband put down the newspaper so I could read it to him. He nodded thru the whole thing and then picked up his newspaper and continued reading. Then he put it down for a minute and said “That stuff in the garage? Pretend it’s our basement.”

40. Austen
    August 14, 2013 @ 8:35 am

Holy crap. That was just about the most adorable thing, um, ever. I can’t even …