1. Melodie
    June 29, 2013 @ 1:27 am

Hysterical story, hysterical life! Right on to the mirror, it rules!!

2. Jennifer Dysart
    June 29, 2013 @ 1:41 am

I am extremely amused, I thank you!

3. Linda V @ Bubble and Sweet
    June 29, 2013 @ 4:07 am

I LOVE this story and I totally wish I had a mirror topped with a kingdom.

4. Rebekah
    June 29, 2013 @ 4:09 am

OMG, you are KILLING me! You are so hilarious and wonderful! I started reading your blog about an hour and a half ago, and I haven’t been able to stop. Between this post and the one about the built in wardrobe, I was laughing so hard, my husband actually though I was crying from the other room. I’ve been reading all of your home renovation posts because you’re just so GOOD. I already know I will never ever renovate a house with my husband. We have a hard enough time moving from one house to another with each other. It usually involves him expecting me to conjure up some brute strength I don’t possess to help him move something ridiculous. The last time we moved, he wanted help moving the ginormous old heavy tv that I had already almost dropped when trying to help load it. I declined and said we should wait for someone with beefier arms than my own. After failing to convince me (because he was seriously ready to be done with that crap), his rage helped carry the other side of the tv for him. I’m sure moving is just the tiniest taste of what renovating a house with him would be like. Kudos to you and Paul for still being married.

5. tina liles
    June 29, 2013 @ 4:31 am

Too funny!! Great story… I was laughing the entire time I read this story, but the fact that you actually made it home via I95 makes it even better!!! Great story telling and great husband!!!

6. CanuckGramz
    June 29, 2013 @ 4:59 am

Okay I am now officially following your blog!! Hooked on the first post I read ( because my daughter is a sweetheart who sent us here) You made me laugh my head off and think ” she’s got a good hubby like mine is” and “poor guy” hahaha!! I totally LOVE the mirror named Kingdom! (and you have two! TWO!)

7. Somaly
    June 29, 2013 @ 5:02 am

LOVE this story and your amazing sense of humor!

8. Rebecca
    June 29, 2013 @ 5:20 am

I laughed so hard, I cried. Then I read it out loud to my husband, and I managed to make it intelligible through my tearful laughter. Why was I laughing so hard? Because my husband is the California version of Paul! God bless them both.

9. Sindy
    June 29, 2013 @ 6:35 am

OMGoodness, FANTASTIC~! So glad my husband owns a moving company~ I get stuff moved easily but that’s if/when you can find it~ That is the MOST beautiful mirror I’ve ever seen ~ Good Job~!

10. Faith
    June 29, 2013 @ 7:44 am

Writing tips for English 101: Who wouldn’t want a “kingdom”?

11. Angela
    June 29, 2013 @ 7:45 am

Ok first things first….I totally love the story of the “Kingdom” mirror. I was giggling the whole time. This of course made my husband come check out what was going on and then the following comment…If you ever do that to me we are going to have a problem….which of course made me giggle more because I would totally do it and have before. I have yet to be lucky enough to find a “kingdom” mirror but other things have made it in to my home that make my husband’s head look like it may explode.

Good for you and your mirror troll! It is beautiful! My poor husband may have had some sort of fit when I said, “I need one of those.” But, it would totally be worth it to be able to say that I found one and needed him to go pick it up!

Thanks for the wonderful story!

12. Silvie
    June 29, 2013 @ 8:28 am

Oh wow! I absolutely love your blog. You have fantastic taste and are a very very very talented writer!!
    Plus I’m jealous of your mirror(s).

13. Jane Burnette
    June 29, 2013 @ 9:13 am

What a great story! I love your mirror and your blog. I put a link to you on my new blog because I think everyone needs a good laugh everyday! I know I’ll be back to share your new adventures.

14. accountingforlove
    June 29, 2013 @ 9:46 am

This made me laugh until I cried.

15. Carri Carey
    June 29, 2013 @ 9:51 am

See? It’s a good thing you check! That mirror is clearly UNDER 10 FEET TALL!! You really are psychic! 🙂

16. ALikes
    June 29, 2013 @ 9:52 am

I absolutely agree that you need this mirror! I love that it matches the one in the front entry! I love your decorating sense. I love that your husband puts up with you. He has to, he chose you. Even if he ACTS like this is an incovenience. He LOVES it, because he LOVES you! I saw this linked on FB & had to check it out. I am NOT a craig’s list shopper. My hubby is. But we don’t seem to find amazing things (then again we are in a small town (pop. 10,000) in Idaho). Will keep trying. Thanks for your storytelling. You are fun! I will be going to find you on FB now!

17. Carri Carey
    June 29, 2013 @ 9:53 am

See? It’s a good thing you called! That mirror is clearly UNDER 10 FEET TALL! You really are psychic! 🙂

18. Kirby
    June 29, 2013 @ 10:01 am

You had me at I-95.

19. Dana
    June 29, 2013 @ 10:29 am

Loved your post, your humor and your engaging blog!!

20. Amy Lemley
    June 29, 2013 @ 12:11 pm

Speechless. And you’ve explained exactly why it’s right to answer Cragislist ads when the muse calls.