1. Christina -Sebring, Fl
    June 29, 2017 @ 9:25 pm

Love it!!!

2. Shelby
    July 1, 2017 @ 10:29 am

I love you. That is all.

• Erin
      July 7, 2017 @ 12:42 am

Right?!?! Like, I want to be besties with whomever wrote this article. I can’t even stand it. Amazing.

3. Jody Hart
    July 2, 2017 @ 1:19 pm

LOVE!

4. Tammy Underwood
    July 3, 2017 @ 12:51 am

I think I am having an out of body experience!!! I swear that you have to be my twin and your husband is my husband’s twin!!!!!!!!!! I have this happen to us too, I find it, my husband whines, he ends up putting it his truck, it goes in the house, my dad says what are you going to do with it. I am in total amazement right now.

5. Erin
    July 7, 2017 @ 12:39 am

I have no idea why I clicked on this story. No idea what so ever, but something drew me to it. I read, and kept reading, identifying with so much of what was being said. I texted my bff and said “I don’t know how this is, but she is my spirit animal”. Well done. Very. Well. Done.

6. Observer
    July 15, 2017 @ 3:37 am

Cool mirror, but my goodness, the writing was awful. It’s such a distraction when a writer tries so hard to be funny, on every line, because it actually ends up being obnoxious.

• Kim Matthews
      August 23, 2017 @ 5:51 pm

What?! I giggled the whole way through… and I’m physically manifesting Eeyore these days, so that’s saying a lot.

7. Rev Chicagodom
    July 18, 2017 @ 12:43 pm

I love this story, and your writing. Not just because this is an amazing and awesome mirror, but my partner and I go through pretty much the same dialogue periodically. What a score!

8. Charlie Neil
    July 28, 2017 @ 8:30 am

Old Henredon all over our castle.

9. Charlie Neil
    July 28, 2017 @ 8:32 am

Old henredon clutters our castle.

10. Maggie
    July 28, 2017 @ 11:07 pm

I have no idea who you are or why I read this, but I was GLUED! And read with my mouth hanging open for part and a huge smile for the other part…. I don’t think you could be a better writer! LOVED IT!

11. Joanna
    August 3, 2017 @ 1:36 pm

Love it!

12. Stacy Shaw
    August 9, 2017 @ 12:46 pm

You sound like me and Paul sounds exactly like my Chuck. We seriously need to be friends. Where have you been my entire life??
    Sylverweddings@gmail.com

13. Stacy Shaw
    August 9, 2017 @ 12:48 pm

You sound like me, and Paul sounds exactly like my Chuck. We seriously need to be friends! Where have you been all my life? Sylverweddings@gmail.com

14. paula stevens
    August 15, 2017 @ 9:37 pm

im a crazy mirror lover.. what a find indeed!! you got it for free??? amazing.

15. Melanie Baccus
    August 15, 2017 @ 11:08 pm

This is droolable, but you’d have to drive to Texas! 😄

16. Steph
    August 16, 2017 @ 6:53 am

Wow! I don’t even like antiques, but that mirror is gorgeous!!! I would like to know if you paid the full asking price for it too!

17. DIY Halloween Chandelier
    August 19, 2017 @ 4:36 pm

[…] Elizabeth Barnes – back in the day where we each had free WordPress blogs and before that Kingdom Mirror post made everyone fall in love with her writing as much as I love her writing (seriously just go […]

18. Kim Matthews
    August 23, 2017 @ 5:49 pm

I LOVE THIS POST! I giggled the whole way through. That’s unusual for me. Thank you, and i can’t wait to read more.

19. Kim Matthews
    August 23, 2017 @ 5:55 pm

I just realized, one of the main reasons i could relate so well with this…i have had two exes named Paul! Hilarious!

20. Eva Marie Nelson
    August 29, 2017 @ 9:07 pm

You are hilarious!! An engaging writer w/an adventurous soul.

21. Tony Draven
    September 17, 2017 @ 2:56 am

This is THE BEST STORY EVER.

Also, I think we are long-lost soul twins. XD

22. Stephanie Lyman
    September 23, 2017 @ 3:34 pm

‘Scuse me; ehem: A love of gilded mirrors, a diy and bargain hunting home decor/design diva with a talent for expressing the above with wit and candor? The UNIVERSE brongs these things to you TOO? Please tell me you always had a feeling you were a twin. I personally have never had that feeling until right now but now I am convinced there has been a tangled web woven somewhere in the universe and it has finally brought us together.

23. Beth
    October 11, 2017 @ 5:56 pm

What a find!! ….and hilarious😂😂 … My sister and I love to go junking:). It looks amazing in your home!

24. Real CBD Oil
    October 11, 2017 @ 8:43 pm

I’m extremely pleased to discover this site. I wanted to thank you for ones time due to this
    wonderful read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you book-marked to look at new things in your
    website.

25. Sharon
    October 12, 2017 @ 6:11 pm

He shall hereby be addressed as, St. Paul. Because he is.

26. Libby
    October 23, 2017 @ 5:33 pm

I laughed out loud reading this, mostly because it sounds like something I have done. My husband would still be looking at me with cross eyes, but I would have gotten my treasure. Thanks for sharing.

27. c
    October 25, 2017 @ 4:37 am

nice sorry but the pics remind me how much I hate philly.

28. Julie
    October 25, 2017 @ 9:45 pm

1. Of course you had to have it. How could anyone in their right mind pass that up?
    2. Great story. Paul is a trooper.
    3. Only question left in my mind -How/why did the original owner come to have it? I’m so curious!
    Awesome post.

29. Lynn Weber
    October 29, 2017 @ 11:18 am

I realize this was written in 2013 and not 2017 , so why is this just being posted on FB? Anyway, about the mirror…..
    Have you ever SEEN Antique Roadshow? Most likely the mirror is worth a fortune! You don’t buy a mirror like that at WalMart! Have you had it appraised yet? I mean ,it could be worth big,big money! Like $75,000 or more/less. Who knows ,maybe $175,000 !!
    I know you love it ,but just imagine where it came from? Don’t do a thing to it. Do not paint it! Have it checked out by a serious professional,please. It could have come from royalty, it could have come from religion ( think Vatican) , think the Ancient Romans!
    You can sell it (you’ll be rich) and have a copy made for your home and buy a new home!
    It would drive me crazy not knowing it’s history!

30. Shannon Hamilton
    October 30, 2017 @ 8:15 am

This story made me crack up and I could not stop reading! Thank you for the smile and giggles – now I’m off to read your others.

31. Jan Wardell
    November 8, 2017 @ 12:59 pm

Loved the adventure! Your writing hooked me the same way the mirror did you. My had-to? I subscribed.
    Thanks, that was fun.

32. Stacy
    November 23, 2017 @ 9:11 am

This is THE best! What a great find! And good for you for getting regardless of what negative Nancy says 😂

33. Julie
    December 6, 2017 @ 12:22 pm

You are killing me! Especially since your truck looks like the exact same model as mine (from the bed POV, anyway)! White Dodge Dakota, ca. 2003? Obviously, I can bring home something equally ludicrous, er, I mean spectacular!

34. Debbie Fukuyama
    December 17, 2017 @ 2:44 am

Just wanted to say, WOW, it S a beautiful, awesome mirror! Lam happy for you that you found it!”! Congrats on your epic find!

35. jen
    December 18, 2017 @ 3:48 am

Someone needs to send this to Jenny Lawson (The Bloggess)!!!!! (She’s the one behind Beyonce, the giant metal chicken.)

36. Jennifer D.
    December 19, 2017 @ 12:24 am

When you’re done with it – may I have it please?

37. Heather
    January 1, 2018 @ 4:08 pm

I love you! We also might be related! I have done this MANY times to my hubby! I will be doing it many many many more time too!! Love that you have two of them!! Awesome! They look magnificent!

38. Shirley
    January 11, 2018 @ 5:26 pm

I love you! You ARE my spirit animal. Can you train my boyfriend? His silence is NOT silent acceptance.

Did I mention that I love you?!?

-shirley

39. Angela
    January 27, 2018 @ 6:28 pm

I love this post I just could not stop smiling while I was reading,and as I’m sitting in my bathroom trying to read it without my kid bothering me, (mom,mom,mom,MOM! In the backround,WHAT?,I snap)he finds me sitting on the tub with my cell up to my face,what doing?reading!watchya reading? A story about a lady buying a mirror!why? And I point to the 4×5 gold Framed mirror that takes up the whole wall above the sink,he just gives me this weird look and starts to slowly back out of the bathroom ,closing the door and a laugh ,he opens back up,what?I say ur face and this lady’s story is something mommy would do.

40. Linda Voudy
    February 1, 2018 @ 2:33 pm

Love, love love the story..at first, I thought it was me you were talking about. 😊