1. Kate
    April 12, 2016 @ 1:00 pm

Love this!!! Congrats on your newest member of the GFT family. My first thought after seeing the video was, “Hey! It came apart! The lion thingy came off!” 😀 😀

2. April
    April 12, 2016 @ 1:02 pm

Well, I am here because of your humor and wit. Can’t say I would move a piece of heavy furniture for it, but it must help the job go easier.

3. Brenda
    April 12, 2016 @ 1:21 pm

Wow! I mean, it’s absolutely gorgeous! And Paul is a saint! But… I thought this highly anticipated GFT was the piece de resistance for your kitchen!!! What is happening with that?!

4. Trudy
    April 12, 2016 @ 1:24 pm

Excellent piece of property and worth the obsession! Now, are you going to share the price and the negotiation tactics with us? Your blog, your home, your stuff, your call, of course. But I must say I am curious! I adore your writing!

5. Jamie
    April 12, 2016 @ 1:24 pm

Love it. Love you. Love your writing, Love Elvis. Paul did good. You did good.

6. sarah
    April 12, 2016 @ 1:33 pm

I think our husbands went to “niceness” school together!
    I have also visited this obsessive land you speak of where there are perpetual parades and tiaras and floats full of toothy teenage pageant queens. Where one constantly schemes outrageous, ruinously expensive and potentially lethal ideas–(I have lately immersed myself in the sidesaddle equestrienne world.)
    But the outfits are fantastic!!!!!
    Love your blog!

7. Garden, Home and Party
    April 12, 2016 @ 1:37 pm

This has to be my favorite blog post ever. It’s the happy ending to a story that has kept us dangling for weeks (will she get the amazing bookcase?). It’s a beautiful piece. Is it just the way the photograph looks that it almost didn’t fit inside the house? Is the top touching the ceiling?
    Happy birthday! I think this piece was worth the wait.
    xo,
    Karen

8. cmt
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:06 pm

Magnificent and clearly meant for you. Clogs. Hope you aren’t really going to stop blogging.

9. kristine
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:06 pm

That Eastlake bookcase paled in comparison to this beauty. Well done!

10. tammigirl
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:06 pm

It’s perfection! See? If you had told me it was in Cleveland I could have bought it and, erm, uh, held it for you!

I’m so glad you got it! I understand being singular when you want something. I am the same way. I want one thing, I know what it is, I will accept no substitutions. If I can’t have it I do not want a consolation. (Because I am secretly believing I will still get it… somehow.)

11. Kris
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:10 pm

Are you an Aries? Your tenacity–since childhood, apparently–resonates like a bell from Notre Dame of my fiery 6 year old Aries-born girl. What you write about (very well, I might add) I can totally imagine my precious Erin living one day!! It gives me hope. I have prayed that her strong willfulness would one day be used for good. What’s better than procurring such wonderful pieces that not only make you happy, but strengthen your marriage!! Kudos and thank you!!

12. Kate
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:10 pm

SOoooooo jealous…. I also covet GFT, but live oppressed by low ceilings and no Saint Paul to facilitate. Stunning wood, I would spend the day lovingly petting it with lemon oil so its happy and recovered from the stress of its uprooting. Looks so made for that space… Greatly enjoy your adventures, lets see what you must have next!

13. Dawn
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:10 pm

First my jaw hit the floor. Then it jumped back up and smacked me upside the head where the reverberating phrase why don’t I just start shopping Craigslist US was thrumming like a freight train.

I would say that that is magnificent but the word does not carry enough validation. There is a level of utter astonishing grandeur that exceeds my wildest dreams and human conceivability .. and you my dear .. own it.

Your world justifies my unstoppable obsession with living in the champagne version of a koolaid budget.

Thank you for raising the GFT bar well above my imagination, but not above the aspiration. May I meet you on the other side in time 😉

14. Glenn
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:13 pm

Please tell me why you neither seek out nor seem to have stumbled upon A GOLD CROWN WITH PLENTY OF RICH DARK JEWELS FOR PAUL. So? We’re waiting.

15. JayneZ
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:15 pm

Absolutely purrfect — of course I’m referring to sweet Elvis, but the new bookcase is a beauty too!

16. Amber
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:22 pm

sooooooo worth the wait and the selling of all the things, it is GLORIOUS!!!!!

17. Amber
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:23 pm

p.s. please post a picture of the clogs

18. Anne Berbling
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:37 pm

Oh, Victoria, I HAD this, in the armoire! (Top was the VERY same…) Sadly lost in a fire…
    Wonderful acquisition, here, bravo!!
    Anne

19. Anne Berbling
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:40 pm

And, I am so glad sweet Elvis is still with you (I have read older posts) ~ I lost NINE kitties; oldest was 18…in the aforementioned fire…

20. Patricia E
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:51 pm

I absolutely love your latest GFT! Stunningly worth all the trouble. You are my new muse. When I see some mass-produced decorator object that catches my eye, I ask – What would VEB do? (WWVEBD? for short) The answer is invariably, “No. Go for quality. Go for greatness. Go for only the things that you will still look at with love and delight in 20 years.” I have bought nothing since I found your blog a few months ago. So not only are you an inspiration but you are a beacon of sanity in a consumerist wasteland. I will finalize my divorce, I will get my own happy place (be it ever so humble), then I will find my own version of GFTs to make it my own! Love you chica!

21. Sharon
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:52 pm

Victoria:

The bookcase is magnificent and worth the wait. Paul is a saint for doing your bidding and basking in your glory–in that order. Glad to see Elvis.

I consulted with the All-knowing-And-Powerful Oz, and what follows is what was shared with me. Now for more truth…

In order for Self to continue to thrive, flourish, and exist, your excursions into Craigslist must continue. Craigslist is sustenance to Self; therefore, you must continue or Self will cease to exist. The nonexistence of Self will create a warp in the Time-Space Continuum, and the Earth will spin off its axis. In general, bad stuff will happen.

In addition, discontinuing your blog will deprive Followers of Your Blog of their joy and life’s blood, and they will vaporize and be no more. The wailing alone would be cataclysmic. Galaxies would collide, and stars would supernova…not a good time. Discontinuing Your Blog is not an option.

Of utmost importance, we get to see Elvis. ‘Nuff said.

Consider all these ramifications whenever toying with the idea of discontinuing your blog. Besides, we love you and can’t let you go.

22. Vanna
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:54 pm

You are a hoot and a holler! And a GET! (giant funny thing) Just started reading you and I think we’re twins *winks*

23. Vanna
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:56 pm

Oh for poops sake that should read GFT…..Lol!

24. Valery Shaw
    April 12, 2016 @ 2:58 pm

OMG fabulous as is all you buy and do! I love your blog , home and all of your finds and what you do with them.– Very Inspiring!! You should try to get your own show on HGTV seriously it is so neat your home ,& your personality so fun! your home renovations. It would go over really well I feel!! xo

25. Gregory Clark
    April 12, 2016 @ 3:00 pm

I love that you ALWAYS get what you want. And that it’s perfect for your space. ENJOY!

26. NAR
    April 12, 2016 @ 3:10 pm

You make me laugh out loud at work. Thank you.

27. judy
    April 12, 2016 @ 3:13 pm

1st..I wonder how a person who is obviously a very unique,intelligent,talented and truly interesting human being to so many people can perceive herself as having no qualities of note. Unless that is an attempt to be modest and unassuming …not necessary and a waste of valuable writing space.

The piece is of cosmic significance in its beauty,craftsmanship and artistry and has found its rightful place again.

I must tell you, because you may not be aware of the expression on Miss Elvis..while you are grinning from ear to ear in giddy delight.she seems-suspended in air-to be projecting a rather uncomfortable awkward opinion of WTF is going on. ” I am normally cuddled in warm and loving arms.whats all this camera stuff?” If I wanted to be photographed I would have booked a Hollywood cinematographer as befits my magnificence. Take a look at her and tell me I’m wrong…..

28. ELlen Kelly
    April 12, 2016 @ 3:43 pm

OMG THE ” HOLY GRAIL”. CONGRATS?

29. sara
    April 12, 2016 @ 3:54 pm

It’s magnificent! Congrats on achieving what must be your own personal nirvana! Also, I’m guessing those are the much loved clogs?

30. Nancy Carr
    April 12, 2016 @ 4:12 pm

I totally can relate to your thinking. It all makes sense to me and probably a lot of others reading your posts. Love you and your attitude and inspiration. Blessings

31. PAR
    April 12, 2016 @ 4:45 pm

Love you, your bookcase and Paul for making it happen! I shared your video on Facebook because really I had to! Kisses for Elvis❤️?

32. cyn
    April 12, 2016 @ 4:56 pm

That is simply the best bookcase.

33. Mary
    April 12, 2016 @ 4:58 pm

You remind me of my mom, who would have been 100 on May 20. She had, what our family calls, “I Love Lucy Episodes.” My dad WAS a saint who loved her dearly and was the perfect counterbalance to her zaniness. Of their nearly 50 year marriage, he always said, “It might have been a headache, but it never was a bore.” We should all be so lucky! Enjoy your new possession, but enjoy your husband more.

• Helene
      April 12, 2016 @ 5:09 pm

Did you refinish or refurbish it in any way? It looks brand new. Congratulations!

34. Katharine
    April 12, 2016 @ 5:06 pm

I’m so glad Elvis gets to enjoy this GFT with you!

And I love that video so much I watched it twice.

35. Kathy
    April 12, 2016 @ 5:14 pm

Well, Victoria, now you must plan a vacation to Butte, Montana – of all places – to see the childhood home of Huguette Clark. The Clark Mansion is glorious and is now a bed and breakfast. The host gives gloriously detailed tours. Actually, while you’re in Montana, you might as well see the Moss Mansion in Billings, the Daly Mansion in Hamilton, and the Conrad Mansion in Kalispell. And while you’re at it, stop by Helena and see me for a while. We’ll drink lemonade under the elms and become forever friends. My husband already kinda thinks we’re sisters under the skin. I drive him crazy by occasionally reading your blog posts aloud, laughing all the while. He does not laugh. Come!

Oh, and by the way….delicious GFT. And kisses for Elvis.

36. Mel
    April 12, 2016 @ 5:21 pm

But where did the kindgom mirror end up? It didn’t get sold during the purge, did it?

37. sue j.
    April 12, 2016 @ 5:36 pm

9 feet with lions’ heads? perfect definition of a GFT. Congratulations.

38. Ellen
    April 12, 2016 @ 5:38 pm

At last. It was worth the wait and suspense. I totally understand your single-minded devotion to the acquisition.

39. Connie
    April 12, 2016 @ 5:41 pm

I am so happy! This is gorgeous! The decoy worried me a bit, it didn’t REALLY look like you. This on the other hand is perfection. And Elvis looks herself, which is the best. I just discovered your blog, read from the beginning, following you on FB and Twitter (which is as far as my tech skills go). You keep doing you. You have a wonderful community (for the most part), and you are loved for who you are.

40. Sarah
    April 12, 2016 @ 5:48 pm

100% worth it! Congrats on such a fabulous find!!