- Number of tile stores I have been to: 12
- States I have looked in: 3
- Times I have been surprised at how snooty some tile salespeople are: 8
- Stress level compared to the time I was tied to the roof: high.
- Miles from my house where I found the final contestant: 12
- Why I did not go to the winning store two months ago when Paul suggested it: because it looked crappy.
The crappy little store? Had the tile in stock. And let me take home two boxes of it. Not two tiles, two BOXES.
I would like to edit my previous advice about choosing tile (Tile Saga). And say that the best way to know if a tile works for you, is to cover half your floor.
The photo emphasizes the pattern—it’s not actually that prominent. From afar, it’s brighter and more neutral. Could it be a little larger? Yes. Would I like a little less pattern? Yes. A little more something? Yes. But? I’m done looking. And this weekend we will get a floor.