- Never having enough mulch.
- Rummaging through neighborhood trash for bagged leaves.
- Resisting the urge to knock on these people’s door and explain the absurdity of putting leaves in plastic.
- Shoving possibly disgusting bags of leaves into the back of your car.
- Knocking on neighbor’s doors to ask if they treat their lawn with anything. Anything? Anything? ANYTHING?
- Cross-examining them to determine if they are lying.
- Hope their garbage cans don’t leak, (they do… they ALWAYS leak).
- Picking off the bugs you missed the first five times and are now huge.
- There are three green Cabbage Worms up there. (Look in the center of the stems.) If you don’t see them, it’s because they blend in like crazy, and make finding them the most tedious garden task ever.
- Below is the Cross-striped cabbageworm—because why would one variety of cabbage worm be enough?
- Resigning yourself to eating plants full of holes. (You can see the mustard greens at the very back have dedicated themselves to going to seed…the weather we’re having is crazy.)
- Having an excellent reason to buy another hat.
/* AdThrive class addition */
/* End AdThrive class addition */