Before there was MadMen, I referred to Paul’s project-state as, “MadMan”.
Because when he starts something, there is no stopping.
In the last five days he has:
- Laid out all the floor tile so I could rearrange it in a way that satisfied me.
- Tolerated way more rearranging than he thought was necessary.
- Did all the math, made all the cuts, ran up and down the stairs, in and out of the house, back and forth to the wet-saw…
- Installed the floor.
- Waited for it to set.
- Put the final coat of paint on the door, installed the mortice, and attached the doorknob and hinges.
- Started on the subway tile.
- Hung the door.
- And found time to go pick up something I could not live without from craigslist
As a reminder, here is what we started with, before we Moved A Wall: Hall Bath
When we began gutting and discovered a second bath’s worth of tile, concrete, and reinforcement wire under the first: Twice the work.
You may also like: Our Front Porch Project