1. Linda T
    December 23, 2013 @ 12:22 am

I thoroughly enjoyed your instructions for making a bow. It wasn’t just about the bow, it was the humor of the whole process. Thanks for the great laugh. Am posting to pinterest as you’re bow instructions would interest others but also I hope they will enjoy you’re great sense of humor like I did. I still chuckle at some of the comments you made..
    Merry Christmas

2. Sarah
    December 30, 2013 @ 2:39 pm

I love this tutorial, such a great way to use saved ribbon!

3. Linda Wise
    January 7, 2014 @ 3:35 pm

Hey loved this tutorial! You are funny as well as creative!

4. Riza
    August 8, 2014 @ 2:48 am

Hahaha. Your instructions are so much fun to read! I think this tip is full of wisdom: But at some point, you are going to think: it’s ALMOST right. I’ll do it again.
    Just one more time. DON’T DO IT. Almost is as good as you get.

Hurray for Kenny Rogers. :))

5. Riza
    August 8, 2014 @ 2:51 am

Wonderful bow by the way 🙂

6. Megan @ Our Pinteresting Family
    September 23, 2014 @ 8:06 am

Thank you for sharing this and I love the wreath tip too!

7. Deb
    September 25, 2014 @ 10:16 pm

Great post and instruction. Still giggling at non-giant ribbon.

8. Pam
    November 14, 2014 @ 8:21 am

I realize this is an old post but I just came across it, and am laughing so hard I am snorting coffee all over my keyboard. Thanks, Victoria, really needed that this morning! now I am actually looking forward to the bow-making session we scheduled at church!

9. Zadi
    November 29, 2014 @ 5:53 pm

Omg you saved my life today!! I have been reading bow tutorials literally for hours. One got me and it was ok. But I couldn’t recreate the bow when I decided I didn’t like it. Found yours and voilá!! Beautiful now with bells as a center. AND you are hilarious!! Love it. You are awesome!!!!

10. Katrina Batchelor
    December 1, 2014 @ 12:16 pm

I actually Did read the entire post and appreciated it more than you know. Making 14 wreaths for church and with your help the bows are sure to be beautiful. 🙂

11. Robin Wilson
    December 7, 2014 @ 10:34 pm

This would be awesome as a YouTube video…*hint* *hint*! Thanks for all of the tips. I sure did need a refresher course. I’d also love to see you make a bow that is smaller for a gift. I tend to think it’s a little different process.

12. Georgia Allison
    December 10, 2014 @ 1:30 pm

I may or may not try your method, only because I do not have the requisite basic skills! But your play by play is sooo funny!!! And I totally appreciate your honesty about practicing may or may not make perfect. It is overwhelming to see all the beautiful bloggy creations, which I love, and know how talented everyone is, and also know ……..me, not so much!! Thanks for your amusing tutorial!

13. 6 Merry Ideas for Budget-Friendly Holiday Decor - Texas Home and Garden
    December 11, 2014 @ 5:59 pm

[…] Big Best Holiday Bow via Hometalker Victoria @Victoria Elizabeth Barnes […]

14. Natalia Anderson
    December 16, 2014 @ 6:31 pm

Thank you! So easy to replicate! I don’t have any interest in a video, so your directions were absolutely perfect for me! Made bows for all the wreaths on my windows. Gorgeous.

15. Marie B
    November 8, 2015 @ 5:19 pm

It is now 2015 and I don’t know if you will read this, but that was such an entertaining tutorial! Thank you for teaching me how to make a bow……hopefully I can do it, but I was so entertained it doesn’t really matter! I am sure I can find a less entertaining , boring, bow making tute somewhere! God bless!

16. Sarah@The Teacher's Wife
    November 30, 2015 @ 8:48 am

I love this tutorial so much! I chuckled the entire time….both at your dialogue and the image of me messing this up completely. Although, you have inspired me to think seriously about giving this a try! Thanks for sharing your skill and giving me a laugh at the same time!

17. Brenda Satterfield
    March 26, 2016 @ 10:22 am

Thank you for the instructions. I have been making bows for years but am glad to have a instructions sheet. You have made my day. I am new with doing post. Have a great day and thanks again

18. Amy Rohde
    April 17, 2016 @ 7:14 pm

Guess what I just stumbled upon today at Michaels? I couldn’t believe my eyes but it was your identical gorgeous ribbon above and it was 70% off per roll. I bought all four rolls. I was so proud! And shocked. Where have they been hiding it all these years!?!?!

• Amy Rohde
      April 17, 2016 @ 7:16 pm

and my email isn’t actually @yahoho.com lol That was a typo… and a funny one.

19. Ida Cribb
    October 4, 2016 @ 3:34 pm

I love your humor and your bow… I certainly will use your tutorial in the future as well with my friends so they can understand the importance of knowing when to hold fold and staple.
    I too have much difficulty in bow making. I will say though once a bow maker finds their niche…and perfects “their” bow…don’t ever stop making bows. It’s harder to learn the second time around … lol
    Oh….and don’t waste your money on the BOWDABRA. You will only be MORE frustrated with bow making than before

20. Ida Cribb
    October 4, 2016 @ 3:36 pm

I too have a tote box full of ribbon that leads me right to the store every time. Lol

21. Samantha Stamey
    October 11, 2016 @ 12:00 pm

I stumbled upon this tutorial in one of my bouts of incessant Googling, and I have to say thanks! I’ve laughed so hard reading this! You’ve described almost every one of my crafting ventures in this one post! I can so relate!!! I love it!

22. Sonjal woods
    October 23, 2016 @ 3:02 pm

This is the best way to make Bowe I have found so far. I hope I able to follow your instructions in making it! I have very little patience too!
    Thank you so much for pinning this!
    My friend will thank you too, she is my bowe maker for everything!…LOL

23. Kimberly Delgado
    October 26, 2016 @ 12:53 pm

Omg this was hilarious. Then I took a sip of coffee and read your comment about twitching like a meth addict and it almost came out my nose! You are hysterically funny and I am your new fan <3 I am just like you obsessing over everything so I can totally identify 🙂

24. alicia
    November 11, 2016 @ 12:57 pm

Haha!! “Like Spanx for your bow”!!! Thank you. Leaving Michael’s $75.00 later, I know my wreaths will be gorgeous. The bow talk down was perfect. Thanks again!

25. Carla Hayes
    December 3, 2016 @ 11:34 pm

This was the most amazing how-to post ever written! I’ve never read any of your other posts, but I just subscribed because I want to read what you write!

Thank you!!!! Thank you!!!! Thank you!!! For making crafts as fun and serious-not-seroius as they should be!

26. Mandy
    December 4, 2016 @ 1:38 pm

Love your writing style. Yes yes the bow instructions were good too. Just what I needed. but your verbiage slays me:) “spanx for ribbon” — lol very clever!!!

27. Gay Lewis
    December 4, 2016 @ 6:03 pm

Really enjoyed your article on bow making. Not sure I could do it by your instructions but loved the extraneous info. Great read.

28. Dawn
    December 4, 2016 @ 10:54 pm

Ok…I love the banter! Just keep doing what you do best! Thank you!

29. L. Kern
    December 9, 2016 @ 7:53 pm

Loved the post .. and although I know how to make bows I like to check out other people’s techniques !
    You SHOULD have a show , I was laughing so hard at your instructions .., because every word was so true ! I said ,thought and did everything u quoted !!!!
    Keep up the good work !

30. Kim
    December 23, 2016 @ 9:39 am

Every time I read your posts I’m certain that we are sisters, separated by some obscure time/space continuum. I am in the midst of downsizing my stuff and trying to pare down to the bare necessities with a more mid-modern aesthetic these days, but love your style, nevertheless. Your tale of finding/buying/looking for the perfect ribbon is the story of my life! I do that with just about everything. My mom lives almost 1000 miles away and I have definitely searched for things in her zip code or a 100 mile radius and have implored her to get it for me. I thought I was the only one. My husband’s motto is “a bird in the hand” so I’ve been trying to adopt that, but now I’ve wound up with a lot of bags of miscellaneous items that need to be returned to about a hundred different locations. Guess who is going to be in charge of that?

31. Tari Anne
    January 22, 2017 @ 9:38 pm

I usually never comment on blogs, but I was roaring reading this one! Thanks for making me laugh, I needed it.

32. Liz Mullen
    September 3, 2017 @ 1:23 pm

You may not have the same crafty expertise as your Mother, but you can probably.kick her booty in wit and humor! Love your writing style AND your bows. Lol

33. Brie
    October 15, 2017 @ 9:29 pm

I have to tell you…..I enjoyed your commentary much more than the advice on bow making. Don’t get me wrong! I loved the bow and as a person who makes millions of bows for the millions of wreaths,floral arrangements and decor I make I know how to appreciate a bow and a bow tutorial! Please overlook my tendency to exaggerate…..I’m just built that way.
    I too have gone thru the many frustrating attempts only to end up with something worse than the first….lol
    I just couldn’t leave without telling you how much I enjoyed reading this post and I can’t wait to read more!
    I spent the first 45 years of my life unable to make anything worth showing off. I was not a crafty person at all. One day however I just decided I was going to do it because I needed the income I saw other people making with the fruits of their labor. Problem is like everything I do, I’m a perfectionist. This means I work much harder and longer than most for the end product…lol. But I do it, as I have come to enjoy it very much once I get started.
    Thanks for your post andand for taking the time to read my babble.:-)
    Brie

34. Kellie
    November 9, 2017 @ 11:27 am

Super simple directions made this fun and easy, once my fingers decided to cooperate. My boss asked for a Christmas bow for her planter, searched “step-by-step Christmas Bow” and wound up here. The first one I made was HUGE, like monster-big compared to the plant it was supposed to adorn, so I scrunched the poor thing up in the middle and it totally works! Plus, my boss loves it! Hooray!

35. Denise
    November 14, 2017 @ 5:40 pm

I almost never subscribe to blogs, but I like you. So, there you go!

36. Beverly Craig
    November 18, 2017 @ 8:21 pm

This is cute, but you were so busy being funny, I couldn’t find a how to on the center loop. Gonna guess 😢

37. Elaine
    November 24, 2017 @ 11:20 pm

Really great article. I enjoyed reading and laughing as I learned about bow making!

38. Bridgette Davis
    November 28, 2017 @ 9:25 am

This is the absolute best tutorial of bow making I have seen! Thank you!!! Merry Christmas 🎀🎀

39. Barbara Lapins
    December 3, 2017 @ 3:59 pm

Very nicely done! Your tutorial is great. It has been a number of years since I’ve made bows (back during my wreath decorating state), but I have bins and bins of all kinds of ribbons. Use a lot of the smaller width ribbons for decorating my home made greeting cards.

40. sabina
    December 3, 2017 @ 4:39 pm

I subscribed because at the end of your tutorial I was smiling from ear to ear. Your sense of humor is simply infectious and your instructions are wonderfully clear. Thank you soo much. Huge huge hug.