1. chris v
    February 11, 2016 @ 11:40 am

Very cool. Very big. Interesting reading but I think I liked the portal comments the best. Nice to see all this old stuff get saved though.

2. The Bare Necessities. - Victoria Elizabeth Barnes
    March 8, 2016 @ 10:08 am

[…] on left, wardrobe on […]

3. Kiki
    March 8, 2016 @ 10:43 am

I just re-read this post for about the 1000th time – and I still laugh just like I did the first time – this is so utterly über-unreal and of course – nobody could possibly be blamed for the work that ensued, because.Nobody.could.possibly.know.about.the.additional.wall….
    You are the bestest!!!! And Paul the dearest…. I would be long divorced by now with ‘your tenacity’ – so good on you!

4. Kdws
    March 12, 2016 @ 10:01 pm

5. Kdws
    March 12, 2016 @ 10:02 pm

We clearly are twins separated at birth. I have decorated my entire house off CL!!! My phone even auto correct CL!!! And we must never ever allow our husbands to meet thereby ensuring their cooperation!! Ps. I too have removed window on my second floor to get my bedroom suite into the bedroom!! And I too shop philly!!

6. Celeste
    March 14, 2016 @ 12:42 pm

You are my spirit animal. My niece just sent around your website to my sisters and me, and we all can’t stop laughing because We Get It. We really do. You are one of our Tribe, and mere mortal civilian muggles will never understand. Now go out there and make us proud.

7. Once upon a time. Craigslist. The end... *video* - Victoria Elizabeth Barnes
    April 12, 2016 @ 11:29 am

[…] massive pieces of furniture dismantled down to nearly nothing and fit in the back of a minivan: 1. the portal to Narnia. 2. the Victorian bookcase. 3. the Empire […]

8. Debra
    April 18, 2016 @ 4:01 pm

We are the same person. I have found the one my soul loves!!!! I swear only YOU will ever understand me in this life!!!!

9. Dawn Sims
    May 28, 2016 @ 12:27 pm

Ok girl, I don’t know you from a hole in the wall but I love you already… surly we were separated at birth. Ran across one of your posts on a friends FB page and as a lover of large personality had to follow the post back to your page to see the mirror hiding out under those tarps.

I have been sucked in by the way you think, your sense of humor, and a husband that reminds me of mine… greatly amused by his wife with about half the patience of Job, enjoying the journey that is living with me.

I had a “Kingdom” mirror slip through my fingers at an estate sale we stumbled across a year or so ago. While I had RUN to sign in/up when I realized what we’d stumbled across. What I didn’t understand was the way the auctioneer was calling the items – lost it to someone who only bid $10… thought I was going to throw up.

My best to you and my could-have-been-brother in law. It was a JOY to see even a glimpse of your life… live and love the hunt – Truth?… I’m scared to troll Craig’s List.

• Dawn Sims
      May 28, 2016 @ 12:29 pm

*By “large personality” I meant the mirror. 😉

10. Kriss
    June 23, 2016 @ 3:23 pm

I read this out loud to my husband. I was in tears laughing so hard. I think if I lived in Philidelphia you would be my new best friend and our husbands would commiserate.

11. maggie
    July 7, 2016 @ 6:45 pm

Love it in front of the window…your brother is awesome

12. Chris
    July 19, 2016 @ 5:30 pm

Love it, awesome piece! Reminds me of the piece I recently acquired which my husband refers to as The Behemoth. I will post a pic if I can figure out how to! !

13. Barbara
    October 11, 2016 @ 4:32 pm

That is truly beautiful. My husbands head would explode if I asked him to do that. We buy furniture at auction (for resale) and I often get that clearly says what were you thinking.

14. Jinpa
    October 23, 2016 @ 10:32 am

I love you!

15. Fiona
    October 26, 2016 @ 11:17 pm

I somehow stumbled across your blog in a random internet search and I have to say I’m so glad I did!!

Your writing is hilarious!!

I’ve already read two of your posts and I’m going back for more!

Thank you for occupying your corner of the internet.

You. Are. Awesome.

16. Megan Jameson
    January 15, 2017 @ 10:50 pm

I realize it is almost 4 years after this post but I just found it and it made me laugh and feel happy to know there is a kindred spirit out there whose husband thinks they are a nut job but grudgingly do all the weird things we want anyways. Your writing is fantastic & I love it!

17. Kari
    January 21, 2017 @ 3:06 am

Too funny! Love the wardrobe…I totally get it!

18. Anne
    February 11, 2017 @ 1:51 pm

Thank you for your wonderful happiness-and-laughter-producing stories. I love them! My own craigslist story: after 3 years of looking – I found a baby grand piano for FREE! Only 3 blocks away and just needed to be tuned. Hallelujah!

19. Teresa
    February 12, 2017 @ 1:04 pm

What an incredible find! It is indeed stunning!
    If I had been that lucky! My husband would have taken one look at it and told me I was on my own, no matter how many I love yous!