1. Scribbler
    April 14, 2015 @ 10:48 am

I died laughing! Love this idea! Will you be keeping the workings so that if you feel the urge, you can fling off the new marble slab dumping onions and carrots to the floor and stage an impromptu concert for your guests?

2. Dodie Stewart
    April 14, 2015 @ 10:51 am

This is totally brilliant! Bravo!

(But where are your Instagram pictures of these events? :))

3. Lynne Hoover
    April 14, 2015 @ 10:51 am

That. Is. Perfect.

4. Ellen Strauser
    April 14, 2015 @ 10:56 am

You are BRILLIANT!!! OMG!! BRILLIANT!!! That is going to look simply fabulous!!!!

5. Karyn
    April 14, 2015 @ 10:57 am

That’s an AWESOME idea for a kitchen island!! You get the “Creative Genius” award for the month!

6. Donnamae
    April 14, 2015 @ 10:58 am

That is brilliant! 😉

7. Nancy
    April 14, 2015 @ 10:59 am

It’s absolutely beautiful!!! I just said that to be nice. I don’t feel that way at all. I am so incredibly jealous right now I just want to delete you. The mirror, the wardrobe,the bed and now THIS!!! Plus you have the world’s greatest husband!!! I think I am actually going to have a break down. You just keep throwing these beautiful things in my face and now I covet ALL of them. Redeem yourself by promising me if the house next door goes for sale you will call me. So I can live by you and sit in your house and stare at all your amazing finds!!! BTW what kind of person gives that piano away for FREE! I will be fine. This happens EVERY time you find these things.

8. Callie
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:06 am

Fabulous idea! What a find! This has to be one of my favorite posts…perhaps I say that to myself every time? And your video is too wonderful 🙂

9. Fred Wishnie
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:11 am

You are totally nuts – and absolutely brilliant! What a perfect find, and FREE to boot.
    Congratultions.

10. Luella
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:11 am

Geesh, you guys are PROS at moving stuff now! You should probably point out to your husband that you helped him require that most useful skill.

• Luella
      April 14, 2015 @ 11:13 am

I’m a dummy, I meant ACQUIRE.

11. Mary Beth
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:12 am

Brilliant idea! I have friends who created an island with the exact same type of piano! And it looks spectacular. Their carpenter plumbed a sink into the top and created storage below on one side and left the beautiful legs and carving intact on the opposite side.

• Yvonne Angus
      April 15, 2015 @ 9:39 am

Please use all four legs…it would lose too much Giant Fanciness otherwise!

12. Kimberly H.
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:12 am

The piano will be a masterpiece of an island! It’s gorgeous – love the legs. Thanks for the video. It brought us plenty of smiles this morning!!

13. Liz
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:12 am

PERFECT!!! PEREFECT!!! PERFECT!!! BRAVO VEB!!!

14. Lindsay James
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:15 am

Oh the legs on that piano!! I understand exactly why you had to have this when I saw the legs. Excellent Craigslist find!

15. Suzan Spurlin
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:17 am

I LOVE this idea! You’re fortunate to have a kitchen large enough to accommodate the piano. Great job from one Craigslist junkie to another!!

16. Ann Marie @ Twice Lovely
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:18 am

Oh, gosh, I had a twinge of melancholy about such a lovely old instrument being “profaned,” although it will indeed be beautiful in your kitchen. It was free, and fancy, and quite appropriate in scale, so I see the appeal there. I had the thought that you should strip out all the piano innards and put some kind of hinged counter top on her so you could store things inside.

17. Suzanne McCarthy
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:19 am

Victoria, you are a Valkyrie! Hojotoho! Your piano kitchen island is brilliant! Can’t wait to see it in all its kitchen splendor!
    BTW, years ago, my grandfather turned an old upright grand piano into a basement workbench. It’s now living in my garage, having supported many projects over many decades. Broken pianos can grow up to be anything!

18. Neci
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:19 am

Thank goodness no one else saw the potential in a free piano! Cannot wait for the big reveal of your kitchen! Or next week’s post…

19. cynthia
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:19 am

Brilliant! You have surpassed even yourself. Please do not stop sharing. I would miss it so.

20. devon
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:20 am

Pure Genius Victoria……..I have never seen an antique piano like that, it’s so handsome! I can totally see it as a kitchen island (although it’s too spectacular to put anything like glasses, plates or bowls of fruit on it……that would be all wrong don’t you agree?! ) Again, how you manage to find such great treasures, (and yours if you can move it at that )AND have a husband who is a saint when it comes to your finds makes me truly jealous……you are so blessed:) so awesome……love the video, love the post!!

21. Nine Dark Moons
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:21 am

LOVE IT!!! and love your videos – always extremely entertaining and well done! Great job – can’t wait to see it in your kitchen! It’s JUST what your kitchen needed!

22. Alysia
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:23 am

I LOVE this. It’s a perfect reuse. I’m imagining a butcher block–or granite 😉 –top. IKEA may have the very butcher block type table top you need if you’re going that way with it.

23. Melissa @ HOUSEography
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:27 am

Only in your crazy beautiful world would a piano become a kitchen island but it will be amazing I’m sure!! Viva la kitchen renovation!

24. Maggie
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:31 am

You are simply fabulous and I heart Paul. What an amazing idea, it’s going to look perfect in your space. And Paul….there are no words for a man who will wear a top hat and dance with you after loading a piano into a vehicle. Can’t wait to see the finished product!!

25. Bridget from Refined Vintage
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:31 am

You are amazing!! Paul is amazing!! I love this giant fancy Piano as an island idea, it will be unique and special and you will have the story to tell of how it was destined to be. Tell Paul I am very Impressed at his knowledge and skills to move a huge piano( they looked like professional movers). You can tell it’s not his first rodeo. Tell him how much you love him. I am happy for both of you.

26. Linda D.
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:32 am

First time one of your posts made me sad. I hate to see an instrument destroyed, even when it’s free. I know I’m in the minority and I LOVE the way you restore/re-purpose so many beautiful things, but my heart broke when I realized that soundboard and those lovely keys would never make music again.

• tammigirl
      April 14, 2015 @ 11:51 am

My next door neighbors took apart their piano and BURNT it in a bonfire. I about died. But I did get them to give me part of it, which I am going to use to frame a big mirror (Somehow they also had a big mirror to give me when I told them of this plan) and the guts of it, which are being used as gorgeous decor in the home of my friend.

All’s well that ends well.

27. Mardy
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:34 am

Victoria Elizabeth….you did it again! Way to go girl! I love your finds and enthusiasm. You write well too….please don’t ever stop reeling us in!

28. Beth lee
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:36 am

Well, I must say… This PARTICULAR idea of yours would never have occurred to me in a million years. But then, the video put me “In The Mood” and with that smashing rendition of the jitterbug and romantic peck at the end, I began to warm to it. I will wait and see, however , the finished product of a PIANO as a kitchen island. I can agree with some of your readers (I’m sure) that you are quite the personality…. Humorous and creative.
    Beth Lee.

29. Moira
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:36 am

Fabulous! Every time I click on a link from one of your emails, I am knees deep in your blog for hours. Thanks for the hours of inspiration and entertainment. You’re absolutely brilliant.

30. tammigirl
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:39 am

I haven’t watched the video yet and I had to pause to say two things:

1. If you were here, I would do a celebratory hug where I lift your from the ground and swing you around the whole world.

2. It. is. perfect.

31. tammigirl
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:44 am

I have watched the video for the first time – I am sure I will wear it out watching it repeatedly.

It is lovely to see how Paul has redeemed himself by indulging in whimsy. (Oh, and your island, of course) Every time I think he is an evil dictator bent on ruining your joie de vivre and he’s getting this close to being overthrown by a coup – he shows up on video proving his worth.

If the two of you visit, I guess I will let him sleep in the same room as you. (As long as he doesn’t get too out of line with the whole Craigslist restrictions.)

32. fern benson
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:45 am

so……..are you taking out the innards? and what are you going to do with them?
    I think you have a brillant idea!

33. fern benson
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:47 am

no wait, you should leave the innards……who knows when you will want to break out in song, who else would be able to do that in their kitchen. But, if you don’t want the innards, oh please let me know!

34. Kelly
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:53 am

You are now a Kitchen Goddess. Soon all kitchens will have big fancy shrines with a statue of you in your pearls and perhaps one of Paul moving a piano to your beck and call. Seriously Spectacular!

35. Karen
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:53 am

Oh my good gracious! I LOVE YOU!
    You are hilarious, and I look forward to seeing you in my inbox! Certainly, you never disappoint!
    Karen

36. Belinda
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:54 am

You and your pianoasisland made my day!

37. Jeannie
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:55 am

What a fantastic 2nd life for this gorgeous piece! And the video was a great start to my day. 😉

38. Marty Walden
    April 14, 2015 @ 11:59 am

Your husband is a saint. And the transformation is stunning!

39. Heidi
    April 14, 2015 @ 12:02 pm

It’s already been said, but I am in complete agreement-BRILLIANT!!!! To get what you want sometimes you have to think outside the box! I can’t wait to see the kitchen in all its glory!

40. julie
    April 14, 2015 @ 12:03 pm

Victoria,
    Love your posts, but I’m unable to see the last two videos you posted, it says due to privacy settings. I subscribe to your blog. I follow you on Facebook. Please help. I MUST SEE THEM!
    Please!
    Julie

• Victoria Elizabeth Barnes
      April 14, 2015 @ 12:06 pm

THANK you for letting me know!! I have NO IDEA why you’d have this issue… if you can, could you let me know if you’re on phone/ipad/desktop? And your browser? I’ll email techsupport.

Did you try reloading the page? I’ve had it not load for me/be glitchy, but there shouldn’t be a privacy issue…
      Thanks for taking the time to tell me!!!!!