1. Lisa W.
    June 8, 2018 @ 2:47 am

I love your theme … Brass.Marble.A bit of dark something… wood? navy accent? Subway tile. I only want to add …. light grout on the subway tile ( not dark ) and no to floating shelves ( they look too modern ). Oh and I love the crane wallpaper , but maybe not in the kitchen .

2. S Roche
    June 8, 2018 @ 9:20 am

Have you seen mirrored subway tile? It is Very Fancy…….

3. Corinne Cavanagh
    June 8, 2018 @ 9:50 am

That was my thought looking at all those beautiful pictures of open shelves….grease-attracted dust on everything. Somehow I don’t see you enjoying cleaning (not just dusting but washing with grease-busting stuff) fancy things on shelves when you could be out looking for more fancy things.

4. Crystal
    June 8, 2018 @ 12:26 pm

SUBWAY!! YES! BECAUSE HELLOOOO, IT’S SUBWAY. Who are the cretins who disparage classics?? I don’t want to know them. But I add my intense HATRED of dark grout. ick, are these people trying to hide dirt? ugh. As always, given the choice between reading your blog post and watching bad wedding dance videos (which I have to admit are weirdly entertaining) I choose YOU. Thanks for the laughs, the heartfelt, the dizzy, the informative… unashamedly fangirl that I am…..Love the blog. Your friend ever after!

5. Elise
    June 8, 2018 @ 3:00 pm

I am apparently going to be the only commenter who recommends dark grout with subway tiles! To me it’s just so much more graphic. But I generally LIKE business, no need for a calm place for the eye to rest over here.

A friend of mine did dark grout several years ago in her kitchen (with white subway tiles) and it looks great.

Thanks for all your posts; you are spreading love, joy, and fanciness throughout the world via this blog and you DO make a difference. Keep on keepin’ on.

6. Kelly
    June 8, 2018 @ 6:22 pm

“The theme appears to be:
    Brass.
    Marble.
    A bit of dark something… wood? navy accent?
    Subway tile.”

And I’m having the same conundrums of liking all these things….but how to use them, how BIG to go….*sigh* It’s a fine line we walk.

7. Katrina Dean
    June 8, 2018 @ 6:26 pm

Open shelves are for people who LOVE to dust & remove grease and cobwebs. If you really MUST show what’s on those shelves, use glass doors/windows.

8. Sandy
    June 8, 2018 @ 8:02 pm

Oh. My. Goodness. *SLIGHTLY embarrassed* Ignore the email. I need GLASSES. If it matters, big fan of subway, doing marble 3×6. Lovely sitting on the counter right now. Can’t wait for them to actually be on the wall.

9. Paola44
    June 9, 2018 @ 10:25 am

I can’t believe what I am reading… Subway tiles? In Veb’s kitchen? Like everyone? Like at the butcher’s? How does this match with the lady mirror? Subway tiles… so boring, so banal, impossible! An extravagant wallpaper and the mirror, that would be the right thing in my opinion. No open shelves, or maybe just two thin ones made of glass with lovely stuff on them, on each side of the mirror.

10. Lesli Jenkins
    June 10, 2018 @ 8:16 am

Just a suggestion, in regards to hardware for shelves, why not just choose a basic theme, brass for instance, and find all the fancy new or vintage ones you like. That way you don’t have to choose or find a particular amount. Then keep your shelves as minimalistic as you can. Bonus if they complement the mirror. 😀

11. AVERY DANFORTH
    June 10, 2018 @ 8:57 am

Just put kittens on the shelves and you won’t care about hardware! Also, if you go half subway and half super fancy removable wallpaper you can change the wallpaper anytime you want. Wallpaper isn’t bad, removing it is bad and the new stuff for apartments just peels off.

12. Connie
    June 11, 2018 @ 11:23 am

Love the crowded English looking shelves. Not sure if I could style it but love the more is more look. And subway tile is always good !

13. Iva
    June 14, 2018 @ 4:59 pm

Victoria, have you considered Delft tile (or rather imitations because real Delft will cost a small fortune). It is a classic look that is unlikely to go out of style and it looks so cozy! My fantasy for my kitchen ( not happening in the foreseeable future).