1. karin rowe
    June 22, 2013 @ 10:48 am

well, you are just the best thing that has happened to me today. i can’t wait to get so deep in your blog.

2. Crystal
    June 22, 2013 @ 10:54 am

That mirror is fantastic! I just found you through Planting Sequoias Blog and I immediately added you to my favorites. You are hilarious and I love your house!

3. Laurie@Vin'yet Etc.
    June 22, 2013 @ 11:41 am

“Everyone in your family is an insane enabler with no concept of reality.” ~ I love your family!!! That mirror is beyond amazing and don’t ever stop listening to that mirror troll, she is always right!

That question that everyone seems to ask, what are you going to do with it, always confuses me too! Love your answer, “It exists. Therefore it is mine. Stealing that! <3 your blog!

4. Traci
    June 22, 2013 @ 12:41 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed this post. Your mirror does look like a Kingdom and I giggled and smiled to myself from beginning to end. Love that you got what your heart desired. It is beautiful.
    Traci

5. crafty grandma
    June 22, 2013 @ 12:42 pm

LOL!!! Not only do I have tears rolling down my face from laughing, the dog just gave me a dirty look. What a fabulous find! I’m sure you will put it to good use and God bless your husband…mine of nearly 40 years would have divorced me on the spot! LOL!!! BTW – my daughter’s late mother-in-law has the perfect living room set to go with the mirror and bedroom set and dining room set…come to think of it…the whole house which is for sale! Too bad you’re overseas!

6. mihaela
    June 23, 2013 @ 3:14 am

All the text is full with -I was like, I was like. It seems as if Americans don’t know other words!!! Everytime u see a group of Americans traveling all you hear is -OMG, I was like, he was like. Urghhh, soo annoying!!!

• maria
      June 26, 2013 @ 9:56 pm

girlfriend, if the text is annoying you, don’t READ IT. this is the internet, there are millions of other website and blogs, shoo go find someone else to read who you like better.
      leave those of us who enjoy her blog, with our entertainer and c-list master, alone.
      bless your heart.

7. dahlila
    June 23, 2013 @ 4:49 pm

I love this! Obviously we are from the same tribe. As I gasped when the drape fell back on the corner of that mirror–I found an art deco vanity the same way, behind a house, under a bad tarp.
    What i want to know is how you hung the first Kingdom mirror? We live in earthquake country & everything must be bolted down.
    What a fabulous find. Thank you for sharing. Thank your husband too, for being such a good sport. 😉
    dahlila

8. Becky
    June 23, 2013 @ 5:59 pm

The mirror is incredible, the story incredibly funny.

I was also reminded of the recent(ish) Maryalice Huggins book, “Aesop’s Mirror”. You are not alone : ) .

9. Wynonah
    June 23, 2013 @ 8:22 pm

You are one of my heros – AWESOME!!! I get that way too, and my hubs is about to dump me out the nearest airlock because I’m in love with amazing ‘odd’ things. But I don’t have your flair for story telling, and this one had me holding my sides. It looks great in its new location too!

As the previous poster wrote – You’re NOT alone!! 😀 😉

10. Vicki Wolf
    June 23, 2013 @ 10:10 pm

My friend sent me this link because she said it “sounded like” me. I had to come see! This was even better than I anticipated……you’re hilarious….and awesome. I can’t wait to read more!
    PS. The Kubler-Ross thing was super witty!
    PSS. It IS like a kingdom on top! 🙂

11. Maryna Ozuna
    June 24, 2013 @ 2:44 am

Hilarious….

12. April
    June 24, 2013 @ 7:11 am

I read this with the sort of dread that would probably make your Paul breathe a sigh of validation while thinking, “Yes! Somebody understands! You are mad – mad! – for making me go through this.”

I expected the mirror to be junk, and this post the story about how you got it anyways, just because…

And then I saw the unveiling and thought, “Holy – ! That’s actually nice. I hope she brought it home.”

Rock on!

13. Sarah
    June 24, 2013 @ 12:25 pm

Lost IT! Tears in my eyes out loud laughing by myself reading this while Eddie Vetter is singing on Pandora! You have 2!!! Hell Yes! This whole post was awesomeness!!

14. Anjanette @MommaYoung
    June 24, 2013 @ 1:20 pm

OMG! that is absolutely gorgeous!!!

15. judy shockley
    June 24, 2013 @ 1:26 pm

YOU MADE MY DAY ,EVEN WHILE WATCHING MY HUBBY IS SO SICK AT THE VA ,I SPEND TIME SHOPPING ON CRAIGSLIST ,IF I DON’T STAY BUSY I WILL GO CRAZY.THIS POST WAS RIGHT UP MY ALLEY ,YOU ARE SO FUNNY ,BUT IT STILL REMINDS ME OF ME ,I CAN’T GET ANYONE TO PICK UP MUCH ANYMORE ,I WISH I DROVE OR HAD A TRUCK,THERE ARE SO MANY DEALS OUT THERE ,MY WHOLE HOUSE IS NOT USED ,I CALL IT “RECYCLED”

16. Stay At Home Brad
    June 24, 2013 @ 1:35 pm

That’s a great deal for an entire kingdom. Nice that it fit in your house. Great story.

17. Juliette
    June 24, 2013 @ 2:40 pm

Oh my goodness! You scored BIG!! Hubby and I love Craigslist! Your story was hilarious. Thanks for making me laugh! I am a new devoted follower of your blog.

18. Momma Jo
    June 24, 2013 @ 2:47 pm

This post is so awesome, I have had to read it again to my hubby (who by the way feels Paul’s “pain”). I must say, I love that it matches the mirror in your foyer 🙂 What a great deal!

19. Cory Ahern
    June 24, 2013 @ 4:02 pm

So – i am reading and thinking, jealous!! I love mirrors, so i get the pull. then I see it, and think, oh, my goodness – so very cool!! THEN, I see that not only do you have a cool mirror – you actually have TWO!!!! Now, I want to know – what is the actual value of your incredible find? (nosy, i guess….) But, also an antiques roadshow lover – so, do you know the value?

20. Janine
    June 24, 2013 @ 4:32 pm

I need to get to that point where I just ignore my husband when he has that look on his face. I’ve given up so many treasures because I didn’t want to rock the boat.

Amazing mirror and amazing writing that an entire post about a mirror could be so enthralling!

• Stuart Richards
      April 14, 2016 @ 11:38 am

No, you actually did the right thing, it’s called having empathy and caring about people. Keep it up, it’s worth more than furniture.

21. Claire
    June 24, 2013 @ 4:34 pm

Thanks for the best few minutes of my day today, but sadly followed by the worst– as I longingly scavenge the world of Craigslist for one of these now.

22. Angela in awe
    June 24, 2013 @ 5:50 pm

I am confirmed in my “wanting” of a mirror I found over the weekend now!!! It was HUGE … like 8 or 9 feet by 5ish… But my ceilings are all 12 ft… So, no doubt could handle it!!! and I love it leaning against the wall like that!!! I have a space in my foyer that could handle it …

23. babz covington
    June 24, 2013 @ 6:16 pm

Okay . this mirror thing had nothing to do with you. or very little actually to do with you. those mirrors called each other over time and space so they could be together again . wherever they were before and they were separated?they used you , and the mirror love you had in your heart to maneuver the universe into such a position that they’re in the same house together again. and i think for everybody’s good, you need to move them one more time so they can gaze at each other. id be glad to contribute towards a fund to hire movers. really.

24. Umma
    June 24, 2013 @ 6:53 pm

This is the coolest score ever. The mirror troll totally rules for guiding you and (poor) Paul on this journey. Am I not envious that you have two drool worthy mirrors? Yes, yes I am.

25. Lynette
    June 24, 2013 @ 7:03 pm

This reads like the story of my relationship. “Can we go to XYZ (read: somewhere 80 miles away) to look at this AWESOME chair?” Me: “We have 30 chairs already. No.” “But it’s so cool, look, and I can get a lot of money out of it if I just sand it down and refinish it…” Me: “How about finishing the other 10 pieces of furniture you haven’t touched yet?” “But this one is so cool! Don’t you want me to be happy?”

End of conversation or pouting will ensue.

Why, just last week we drove 130 miles to get a black leather vintage chair with foot stool included. When we get to this house the ceiling is being held up by plastic tarps stapled to the ceiling and the woman smoked. Like a chimney. And it should not surprise you that she also had 9 cats. Did I mention those cats liked to piss on the furniture, too? We drove that far so we couldn’t go home empty handed, so we paid $20 for a smoke-laden, piss-covered, likely asbestos-infused black leather chair that is now sitting in our garage with the rest of the misfit furniture Craig has bilked me for.

I fucking hate you, Craig.

26. Shar
    June 24, 2013 @ 7:23 pm

This is amazing, love it, and your story and photos are humorous, touching and I can feel the NEED to get that Kingdom home, my husband would groan just the same and Id be insisting. This even made me tear up its so cool. Love Love Love and have shared you on facebook

27. Deborah Bolton
    June 24, 2013 @ 8:13 pm

I love the mirror and the story! Clever! Brilliant! Funny! And I recognized that “man look.”

28. JC
    June 24, 2013 @ 9:21 pm

OMFG that is gorgeous! I’m so insanely jealous! Why can’t I ever find anything cool on Craigslist? Seriously no one in my city uses it, there are like 5 ads per month on it, the more popular site here is Kijiji, but I haven’t found anything overly exciting on it yet. 🙁

And yeah, 15 feet? Really? What a retard. It looks more like 7-8 feet tall (how high are your ceilings?) It probably once sat over a very grand fireplace in a very large home.

29. Vanessa
    June 24, 2013 @ 9:41 pm

So beautiful!!!

100000000 points for you and mirror troll.

Also? You’re one of the few bloggers that actually make me LOL. Like, literally LOL. You rock.

30. Adelina Priddis
    June 24, 2013 @ 10:20 pm

Besides how absolutely funny you are, and witty, and have such a good eye for nice things….I’m just taken aback that you have almost an identical already in your foyer!! I think my husband would actually leave me if I ever tried a stunt like this, lol

31. Jenn
    June 24, 2013 @ 10:36 pm

I understand completely. That mirror was necessary to your life. Just like the 5 1/2ft tall Father Christmas, a Simpson window display was necessary to mine. Hubby just don’t get it.:-)

32. Kelli
    June 24, 2013 @ 11:58 pm

We haven’t met…but I love you. Craigslist really does bring people together : )

33. Strawbs
    June 25, 2013 @ 4:26 am

Hello!
    I just have to say that
    1: The mirror is amazing
    2: You write how things should be written and it makes me deeply happy to have found your blog 🙂
    3: Your house looks amazing and I fully subscribe to your sparkly things and big mirrors perspective. Although are you not a little nervous about being dragged in by mirror people? :\

34. Richard Williams
    June 25, 2013 @ 6:22 am

“What if it’s fancy?” Too damn funny.
    I’ve been doing Craigslist, estate sales and auctions after buying an old mansion in my hometown. While I’ve gotten some incredible items (all the stained glass windows from a now-defunct Manhattan Catholic Church imported from France in the 1920’s for $300), your mirror is the best I’ve seen so far. Enjoy your kingdom and tell Paul that mirror is the reason he loves you. And his reaction is what makes you love him I’m sure.

35. Kate Speers
    June 25, 2013 @ 7:14 am

Hi

Your delightful description of your puss cat on desire to inspire caught my eye and I clicked the link. So glad I did funny lady. Can’t believe you actually already have another mirror almost identical…you go girl.

36. Erin @ My Mommy World
    June 25, 2013 @ 7:15 am

What a funny story! The mirror is beautiful…

My husband is exactly like yours…I was surprised that he actually took me to go get a chair from a consignment store recently 🙂

37. Alexandra
    June 25, 2013 @ 8:48 am

Found this on FB and came here and homygott so glad I did.

LOVED every single thing about it… ESPECIALLY how it was a dream come true for a kingdom mirror loving woman.

xo GREAT POST.

38. Caity
    June 25, 2013 @ 9:02 am

You just found a new reader. This was HILARIOUS! And it’s basically my life.

39. Iyabo Onipede
    June 25, 2013 @ 9:22 am

Stunning! I love that the Universe is your personal shopper!

40. kristin
    June 25, 2013 @ 9:23 am

Oh my God, I think I LOVE you.
    What a perfect post.
    And a PERFECT find.
    Now I’m jealous.
    and wishing I lived back in Philly so I could stalk you and your fabulous treasure hunting