1. Tina
    June 19, 2013 @ 10:41 am

That. Is. Amazing. Also I sent this post to my twin/roomie so she will realize how lucky she is that we don’t have the money for such things. Because otherwise. . . (Thought you might like to know that she is in love with your bathroom, but doesn’t post comments on the internet.)

2. Amber @ Black Rooster Cottage
    June 19, 2013 @ 10:59 am

I have to say, one of the BEST blog posts I have ever read. You scored girlfriend!! I bet you and your husband are a riot to be around. LOVE your new mirror!

3. Pat
    June 19, 2013 @ 11:19 am

Ok, this one story got me to subscribe to your site. Loved it! The Kingdom Mirror.

4. Lori
    June 19, 2013 @ 2:47 pm

Most INSANELY awesome find EVER!

5. Tammi V.V.
    June 19, 2013 @ 4:17 pm

Oh! Oh! Oh! It’s gorgeous!

6. the misfit
    June 19, 2013 @ 4:32 pm

That is amazing. It actually matches the mirror in the adjoining hallway – I’m not sure how that’s possible. And it fits in your house – possibly more stunning still. (Totally loving the “kingdom” on top. A pretty solid description, when all is said and done.)

How does Paul feel about it now?

7. Pam
    June 19, 2013 @ 5:22 pm

THIS story should be the first chapter in your sci-fi/fantasy novel about a woman who finds the most gorgeous mirror in the most inconspicuous place ….. and steps through it into a different time/dimension/space, name your thrill!
    (Oh, and Paul will miss her dearly and be so happy to have her when she comes back …. but he will refuse til the end of their days to ever go “look at something” with her again.)

8. Marya
    June 19, 2013 @ 6:06 pm

WHAT??? You have TWO kingdom mirrors???
    I totally love your writing style. So fun:)

9. Elizabeth
    June 19, 2013 @ 9:12 pm

Yep, loving your posts.

10. Guy
    June 20, 2013 @ 2:38 am

As a guy named Paul, I feel strangely annoyed and fascinated.

11. Some guy
    June 20, 2013 @ 2:46 am

Wow. What a cunt. You waste money on a stupid mirror you have no place to put, and act like a fucking princess who would probably throw a hissy fit if told no. And what about that pussy husband/bf of yours? What a faggot. I bet he paints your nails for you too.

• Amanda
      June 20, 2013 @ 12:45 pm

Looks like someone’s jealous that he’s not personally empowered enough to stand behind his words by showing his name – which means he’s certainly not empowered enough to have a kingdom. You go, Victoria!

• tammigirl
      June 20, 2013 @ 2:28 pm

Probably? I think there was no question whatsoever about whether or not a hissyfit would have ensued.

Amiright?

Any good man knows how to properly deal with a potential hissyfit.

• Lorin Mask
      June 20, 2013 @ 3:49 pm

Some Guy, you need to get laid! Relax! Please! It’s just a funny cute story! Really? You had to go there? Did you ever think that maybe she tells this story the way she does for effect? Trying to add humor to a story is a gift and I commend her. You on the other hand are rude and need to read my blog about acting respectful. Go find Buddha, please.

• TheBeerLady
        June 27, 2013 @ 11:59 pm

Lorin, I think you’re dead-on with your diagnosis. Problem is, with that attitude, it’s never gonna happen….

• Stuart Richards
      April 14, 2016 @ 11:34 am

You want a diagnosis, this is pure narcissism. She is acting abusively towards her husband, and you’re all enabling it by cheering her on. Paul’s been effectively dehumanized here, but that’s okay because pretty mirrors. Disgusting.

12. Yvonne
    June 20, 2013 @ 3:25 am

I love your post! I think your so funny and very entertaining!
    Only’ SOME GUY ‘ could come up with such a crude comment as the above. What’s a guy doing on this blog in the first place?
    Gorgeous mirror!!! Keep doing what your doing, you do it Sooo well.

13. Dria @ Dio
    June 20, 2013 @ 12:13 pm

That is Gorgeous!!!!!! No way can you pass that up! Awesome find 🙂

14. Michelle
    June 20, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

WOW, I love that mirror! I don’t blame your mirror troll at all for telling you that YOU MUST GO SEE the irror! A KINGDON it is for sure.

15. Cynthia Tanfield Rivenbark
    June 20, 2013 @ 1:13 pm

OMG. My best friend shared your blog post on Facebook, because she immediately recognized you as one of Our Tribe. 🙂 I laughed so hard as I read this – and your husband sounds just like mine. I agree with the girl who posted she is in physical pain from jealousy and still wants to be your BFF. I have room for more BFFs myself.

16. Barb @ A Life in Balance
    June 20, 2013 @ 1:23 pm

I am officially signing up for your blog feed. I have to. I have to read what you write. OMG – I died reading this and I read it ALL THE WAY TO THE END. Forget the rude comment from the guy. He doesn’t have an adequate understanding of the universe, reality and mirrors that look like kingdoms. Yes, that word would have driven me to look at the mirror, too.

17. Dresden
    June 20, 2013 @ 1:40 pm

That mirror is not the only treasure found – I can not believe I am JUST NOW diving into the fantabulouslness of your site. Like Barb I was on the edge of my seat.

18. Anne
    June 20, 2013 @ 2:45 pm

Oh! Oh!! That is fabulously gorgeous. I need one. Or seven. Yes, definitely seven! Would eight be too many?

Although I have to say, I thought for sure that this post was going a completely different direction based on the title alone haha

19. Karen
    June 20, 2013 @ 3:07 pm

Just found your blog. What a delight! I laughed all the way through 🙂

20. Shadia
    June 20, 2013 @ 3:07 pm

VATICAN is the perfect description. Love it!

21. Sarah Wagner
    June 20, 2013 @ 4:34 pm

Awesome story. I was SO hoping it would end with a pic of the mirror in your house. Seeing it there along with another one that could have been its younger sibling… Delicious! But we need a sequel… I want to know more! Why did Rocky have it? Where did it come from? How is it related to your other mirror?

22. Andy
    June 20, 2013 @ 5:04 pm

Nice mirror. Good find.

But why do you give “the universe” credit for helping you find stuff on Craigslist, while TWICE you use God as a cuss word? Are we so post-modern that we forget to give credit where its due? Praise him, don’t “OMG” him.

23. Sara
    June 20, 2013 @ 7:53 pm

I found my husband/house/coffee table/sofa on the other end of a craigslist ad. And also some terrible roommates. But never such a beautiful mirror!

24. Teresa
    June 20, 2013 @ 11:27 pm

WOW! It’s all well worth it. And it is fabulous with the other mirror. You would be insane to not get it. Paul is a lucky guy (and he knows it)

25. Joanie
    June 21, 2013 @ 12:13 am

I just found your blog via Planting Sequoias at http://annebronkema.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/on-writing-and-wearing-out. Oh my you are fun to read. Got to read about this Craigslist treasure and about your best friend — a little hilarity and a lot of love. Thanks for making my night!

26. Linda
    June 21, 2013 @ 12:33 am

We so NEED to live in the same town. We could have the best time running down mirrors, fabrics and the best place to get a really great sandwich.
    Unfortunately I live in the desert where most craigs list items are the detritus of somebody’s grandparent’s 1980s condo decorated in early goodfellas. *sigh*
    You rock. You definitely rock.

27. Andrea
    June 21, 2013 @ 11:56 am

And once again, I repeat: a) you’re hilarious. On a related note, b) you’re totally justified, because you already own its twin, and obviously that mirror BELONGS in your home!

So enjoy your blog posts. Thanks for taking the time to loose your barbaric yawp into the world (Whitman) and entertain us all.

28. Eliesa
    June 21, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

I just spit out valuable caffeine while reading that post. Thanks for the chuckle and I can’t wait to read the rest!

29. mimi
    June 21, 2013 @ 12:43 pm

Amazeballs. I’ll be following along for more of your humor, that was a great read 😉 and the mirror Wow! I wonder where Rocky got it?

30. Marty Walden
    June 21, 2013 @ 2:18 pm

You are one hysterical lady and my hubby would have flipped out on me! Great, great piece of writing (and the mirror’s okay, too!)

31. Wayne
    June 21, 2013 @ 2:31 pm

Could we see a close-up of the Kingdom?

32. Joyce Smith
    June 21, 2013 @ 2:55 pm

So happy to have found this blog today–love!

33. Bliss
    June 21, 2013 @ 2:59 pm

You may have two kingdom mirrors, but I have no doubt Paul is well aware that it is really a queendom. As well it should be in the decorating realm of the castle.
    Bliss

34. Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique
    June 21, 2013 @ 5:50 pm

Had to laugh… Paul sounds an awful lot like my husband. Amazing mirror and a great story too!!

35. lizaanne
    June 21, 2013 @ 6:41 pm

My husband hates it when I read stuff from the internet to him, it drives him crazy, because he’s typically doing something else at the time, and hearing me scream someone else’s story from the other room is annoying. I don’t get that, but oh well. So I start reading this to him, and the next thing I know, he’s over my shoulder, laughing hysterically, and saying “oh my! oh my!” (he’s British, so it fits, trust me) He loves it that you have a mirror-troll, by the way. 🙂

Amazing mirror!!!!!! Even better story!!! Thanks for a fantastic story to kick off the weekend!!

May all your CL adventures lead you to a kingdom!

36. Andrew
    June 21, 2013 @ 8:25 pm

I would have divorced you before picking up that giant pain in the ass.

• Me
      June 28, 2013 @ 9:00 pm

See, the secret to getting laid and often is to find an amazing woman who needs your services…and then offer them begrudgingly but often when she finds things she wants for her queendom.

People like this grow old together…

• Toots
        July 12, 2013 @ 8:18 am

So glad I happened upon this comment, which I missed the first 10 times I read this post. Victoria Elizabeth, you are my hero(ine). Oh, to find words such as these to express myself.

• PamJ
      July 12, 2013 @ 7:40 am

Which is why you probably have a bland, lifeless house, and a bland lifeless girlfriend/wife.

• Stuart Richards
      April 14, 2016 @ 11:36 am

No, it means he’s probably got a good life with a partner that actually respects him more than furniture. You can just read the disdain Victoria has for Paul all over this.

37. Amber
    June 21, 2013 @ 9:01 pm

Hilarious! It’s a beautiful kingdom, really. Bonus points for the kitty on the sofa!

38. TKraft Art & Interiors
    June 21, 2013 @ 11:02 pm

SCORE!

39. Shannon @ Fox Hollow Cottage
    June 22, 2013 @ 1:09 am

Swear.
    When I saw the first tiny peek I said; “holy shit”.
    And then saw you did to.
    Mind meld?

That is freaking spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!! And you totally deserve it just for going to investigate.
    Cheers to you.
    Enjoy it’s utter fabulouseness.

40. Biz
    June 22, 2013 @ 7:37 am

This is the absolute reflection of how the universe works in ones favor to the joy of many by the willingness if a few. Yay!!