1. Kay
    February 16, 2016 @ 12:08 pm

Yes to sponsored posts. Your post on the subject of mattresses will be hilarious.

Would you consider giving Elvis a kiss from me?

2. Nicole
    February 16, 2016 @ 12:09 pm

I think it is time you get some counseling. Losing a close pet is difficult and you don’t want to go crazy doing rash things and take your husband down the rabbit hole with you. I go for a tune up whenever I have PTSD. It is important to do during overly stressful times in life.

3. Shirley
    February 16, 2016 @ 12:18 pm

Victoria, you are undoubtedly my sister, from whom I was parted at birth. The upgrading from one GFT to a bigger, better GFT is totally logical – no, make that mandatory! Go ahead with sponsored posts – they’ll never know what hit them! And, a scratch and a cuddle for sweet Elvis!

4. Janice
    February 16, 2016 @ 12:28 pm

Being a jump off the high diving board and on the way down wonder if there’s water in the pool kind of person I can relate. Have always been this way and lucky for me it’s always worked for me. Drives others crazy.

Sending loving and calming thoughts to you and sweet Elvis. It’s never easy to let a pet go but I feel it’s probably the most wonderful gift you could ever give them.

Ads wouldn’t bother me at all. Do shat you need to do to keep going. I’d miss your happy smiling face popping up on Facebook.

Sometime we forget we need to do what we need first anx also what makes us happiest.

5. Amber
    February 16, 2016 @ 12:30 pm

That cabinet was gorgeous – and I love all your jadeite! BUT, this NEW GFT must be pretty darn good if you’re willing to sell previous GFT in order to get it. I trust your judgement and taste and I can’t wait to see it!

6. Jude
    February 16, 2016 @ 12:30 pm

Being an antique dealer off and on for the past 26 years and having a GREAT affinity for antiques/junk (sometimes it’s a fine line) AND going through 3 divorces in 10 years AND selling EVERYTHING I had and moving to Costa Rican, I’ve accumulated and sold more stuff than anyone can possibly imagine. I decided to live the Zen/Minimalist life in Costa Rica which was fine since all I could find to collect were rocks from the beach. (I had thousands) Back in the US in a much smaller house, I decided to go with all white furnishing and décor. Keeps the impulse buying to a minimal, but still fun. I was born a natural collector and I think it stays with you forever. You have many Kindred Spirits Victoria.

7. Megan
    February 16, 2016 @ 12:32 pm

Get it girl. Whatever needs to be done for a GFT. It’s all about priorities. A common conversation on our house :

“What happened to that little side table with the ‘blah, blah, blah’?”

“What little side table?”

8. Donna
    February 16, 2016 @ 12:33 pm

If one boring sponsored post gets 4 posts about GFTs I’d consider it a fair trade! Also, I’d love to hear reviews of those food delivery things. I WANT to try them, but regular grocery shopping usually ends up being thrown away instead of cooked, so spending MORE $$$ on what might end up also being garbage is too risky.

9. Donna
    February 16, 2016 @ 12:34 pm

Craigslist should totally be paying you anyhow!

10. Misti
    February 16, 2016 @ 1:05 pm

I would rather visit you in prison after an armored car heist than read a blog with sponsored posts. Please, to thine own self be true… It is what makes you so much fun to read! Another monetized blog is just more corporate advertising that I make every effort to avoid like it is the plague (in much the same way that I avoid mice!).

11. Liz
    February 16, 2016 @ 1:21 pm

So glad to see you are going for it!!!! You need a new GFT in your life right now – hell, we probably all could use a GFT in our lives!!!! Can’t wait to see it, you never disappoint!

12. tammigirl
    February 16, 2016 @ 1:27 pm

1. I have a deep love for you.

2. I first thought the pinecone was a really wrong harido. (thank goodness I was wrong!)

3. I think you need this obscure GFT and I can’t wait until you get it and we get to see what it is.

4. If you need to road-trip (first I typoed rad-trip but then I erased it but immediately thought “Wait! It would be a rad trip!”) partner I am down for shenanigans.

5. I can’t believe you are selling giant fancy things you love. I want the money fairy to bestow all GFTs on you without you needed to sacrifice other GFTs to get them.

6. No word of a lie – I am a Tuppeware lady and we can do a FUNDRAISER with the special fundraiser line to get your GFT fund where it should be without you sacrificing your GTFs to the volcano.

Dude – call me!

• Kat
      February 16, 2016 @ 1:50 pm

I would buy something! I think this is creative and funny.

13. Kat
    February 16, 2016 @ 1:44 pm

We adore you! Sponsors are fine 🙂 But you must spend all the $ on GFT’s! Thats a rule 🙂

14. Garden, Home and Party
    February 16, 2016 @ 1:49 pm

Victoria,
    You can’t imagine how much I wish I had been there to make my bid for some of the treasures you’re dumping. 🙂 I love your blue and white collection, but I’m positive I’ll love the fabulous thing you’re saving to purchase even more.
    Thank you for the link to ghp. You’re the best. I saw the little ink drawings in your case. I know you’ll find a new home for them.
    xo,
    Karen

15. Kate Phifer
    February 16, 2016 @ 2:51 pm

You are ingenious and creative. So go for it!
    I too, can not wait to see the new “must-have.”
    My husband says, If not now, when? I love his philosophy! We have built 4 houses and totaly remodeled one in our 43 year marriage. I’m embarking on a re-do of the two year old remodel now. Let’s see if my husband still says, If not now, when?…. In a few months! 🙂

16. Annette
    February 16, 2016 @ 2:54 pm

Not the card catalogues! I wish I lived closer- I would have bought them, but alas , Australia is just too far for posting!

17. Trisha
    February 16, 2016 @ 3:33 pm

Oh my! I saw a pic of your latest GFT on Facebook post by different blogger. You may have to sell more than your furnishings! Good luck, it is the cats meow!

18. Lindsey
    February 16, 2016 @ 4:12 pm

YOU ARE SPECIAL! Never doubt that for a second. Even in saying that, do what ever needs to be done to get that GFT that we are all dying to see. We won’t care about sponsored ads. But seriously, how can we get our grubby raccoon paws on your left overs??? Is there a link somewhere?

19. Eugenia Snyder
    February 16, 2016 @ 4:33 pm

You should crowdfunding it. I’m in. I want to see the GFT that would warrant selling the yummy bookcase!

20. Maureen
    February 16, 2016 @ 4:34 pm

I really really really wish Paul had a blog as commentary on his internal processing of your emptying the house, filling the house, designing a piano kitchen island, and all GFT related. Please pass on my request for the Rebuttal Blog. Because that would be amazeballs.

And I agree. Do some product reviews. We will love them. (I want to learn how to do it so you can inspire me– consider it a great act of charity in addition to funding your GFT obsession and Paul’s Rebuttal Blog — please give him a stipend to encourage him to blog).

21. Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse
    February 16, 2016 @ 4:37 pm

Do you want me to forward you all the emails I get about people who want me to do sponsored posts about things I don’t care about at all???

22. april
    February 16, 2016 @ 4:40 pm

You are so funny!

23. Kathleen
    February 16, 2016 @ 5:06 pm

I am wondering what new thing you bought to make up for the loss of the cabinet…Which I love by the way. I am in process of getting rid of things I don’t love, and letting go, but that does not extend to my mix of furniture which I bought because I feel in love with them. An 1850 grain painted 8 foot long deacons’ bench, a red bun footed blanket chest, a 1960’s parsons coffee table that is 6 feet long, a golden oak fancy secretary, a golden oak plain kitchen cabinet…none of them MATCH but they spoke to me. I am keeping them forever

24. Vicki
    February 16, 2016 @ 5:30 pm

Can’t wait to see it! But really the card catalogs! We can deal with paid posts,if you could keep the card catalog! Just saying!

25. Diana
    February 16, 2016 @ 5:33 pm

Oh that fretwork GFT is soooo pretty. It seemed perfect for the space. However, if you simply must have a new GFT thing then “damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead”. Good luck in your quest.
    We’re all fine with sponsors – just think of all the GFT’s you’ll be able to get then. That new GFT must be something else. Can’t wait to see it.

26. Pat
    February 16, 2016 @ 5:52 pm

Can someone explain what a sponsored post is?

27. Mary
    February 16, 2016 @ 6:00 pm

It’s Elvis!
    So freakin hard & sad. I’ve been there with the love of my life. Mickey Doo Dah! One of a kind
    GFTS is the best distraction!

Sending love & prayers to you, Elvis & Paul.

Love& respect.

Mary

28. Wanda
    February 16, 2016 @ 6:06 pm

If you were to do sponsored posts, wouldn’t you be doing them for a paint company, or a wood stain company, or a fabric manufacturer? Your imagination will fill in the rest. No boring stuff for you. In fact Craigslist ought to be paying you.

29. Janet A.
    February 16, 2016 @ 6:35 pm

In a day and age where blog commenting is down across the board, you rack up over 80 comments (and counting) in a short time. That is proof about how you are so special.

Have you contacted the seller yet? If the thing has been on Craigslist for months, they might be getting impatient. I am sure you can express your great admiration for the GFT, tell the owner of the item of your current plan to sell everything that you own. Also, you were just checking what his best price is, including the discount for knowing the item is going to a loving home, just so you know when you’ve sold enough. Put the Victoria spin on it and I’m sure you’ll get a much reduced rate due to your humor and love of the item. I reduce prices for those reasons when I’m selling something. Good Luck.

30. Melany Williams
    February 16, 2016 @ 6:36 pm

So glad to see there is someone of your wit and charm with “Christmas” still on display. I just got all mine put away this week. In West Texas, it is hard to find GFTs that don’t have long horns or barbed wire (not really), so my obsession is Christmas decor. I now have 35+ large totes full of assorted Christmas items. I told my daughter I thought I had an obsession, and she said she would gladly refer me to the show “Hoarders”. But I just don’t think I could deal with the public humiliation.

I can’t wait to see what the new GFT will be. Maybe one day I will stumble upon something that would be worth my liquidating some assets. My daughter would say I have a ready supply of items to sell!

Letting go of favorite possessions is hard until you fall in love with something new. Sounds sort of like a song, doesn’t it?

Melany

31. Lorri
    February 16, 2016 @ 6:40 pm

Ok, so if you are driving to Arkansas anyway, what else are you going to sell? I love all of your GFT and can meet you anywhere in Ar!!!!!!

32. Justine
    February 16, 2016 @ 6:52 pm

Sponsored posts are fine with me too. I just want to read your blog and it doesn’t matter to me how you do it or who you may have to take out for pay. Just keep writing. Hugs and rubs to Elvis, Paul too ?

33. Marsha M
    February 16, 2016 @ 8:06 pm

If anybody could make a paid blog post funny it is you! So yes, I will read whatever you post! Seriously, I need more blog posts in general from you.

34. Danielle @Storypiece
    February 16, 2016 @ 11:50 pm

If Arkansas is on the table, then so is Oregon. Get your Self and Paul to the West Coast because we have all kinds of GFTs!

35. PAR
    February 17, 2016 @ 6:21 am

I know exactly what you mean! Do sponsored posts- after all they are a blog-land ritual! Sell, sell, sell everything to get your GFT. Please hug Elvis for me- my furbaby is almost 20 years old and has kidney disease. She’s ok but probably won’t see her 21st year. I expect I’ll lose my mind and sell everything lock stock and barrel after she goes to heaven. ❤️

36. Allison
    February 17, 2016 @ 7:56 am

You may NOT theft things because in my imagination you and Paul are actually Miss Fisher and Detective Jack Robinson from Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries. Have you considered becoming a Fancy Detective Lady instead? Tell me you have!

37. Diana C.
    February 17, 2016 @ 11:01 am

“Victoria Elizabeth… with your eyes, follow the shiny swinging watch. You are getting sleepy… very sleepy… eyes are soooo heavy… (swinging watch). Close your eyes. You can trust me… what is the giant fancy thingggg, and where can I find it…? (Insert here that you tell me) Thank youuuuu Victoria Elizabeth… Now, at the snap of my fingers, you are going to awaken feeling refreshed, light as a feather, completely satisfied not to rob an armored truck, hug Elvis, and give Paul a kiss for all of his patience. SNAP!”

P.S. I have those polka dot pants. But of course you do. We are twins!

38. Lindsey
    February 17, 2016 @ 5:30 pm

I haven’t read all the comments so I don’t know if has been suggested, but could you set up a gofundme account and all of us pay for this GFT??!
    You give us so much, I’d love to get you something!

39. Carol
    February 17, 2016 @ 7:06 pm

I’m so pleased you found a GFT you covet here in Arkansas. I live in the Boston Mountain area and would be happy to load it in my truck and meet you somewhere, say in Kentucky. You drive south and I’ll drive east til we meet.
    Please bring Paul. By the way, it’s going to be 70 here for the next few days, so…

40. Leslie
    February 18, 2016 @ 7:17 am

Time to think big. Let’s go with the take no prisoners approach and start a Go Fund Me page.