1. Charlotte
    June 24, 2017 @ 10:26 pm

Thank you for so eloquently putting into words what I know and feel to be true. It makes my heart so happy to know there’s others out there who get it too. I remember arguing with my mom when I was younger because I wouldn’t look away from roadkill. Because looking away allows you to believe there aren’t effects of the careless ways we approach the world. Thank you!

2. Kitt
    June 25, 2017 @ 9:04 pm

Hi Victoria Elizabeth,
    This is the first time I’ve answered your email – but absolutely couldn’t help myself!

Can’t believe I once put you on Spam, but immediately regretted the terrible mistake! And now, I read your messages first of all.

My black cat Minou is an SPCA rescue who lived with me 6-7 years in Montreal and here in Toronto 5 years. When a kitten, she walked off our 4th-floor balcony and survived (I hadn’t plugged an opening in the mesh fence). She doesn’t like my daughter’s rescue terrier although they’re definitely curious about each other.

And I love her.

3. Michelle
    June 27, 2017 @ 12:39 pm

Hey VEB – you are doing great work and making such a difference! One small suggestion that might help with socialization. You need to spend periods of 1/1 time with each kitten. As long as they are all together, they will seek each other out for comfort and if they get scared and you want them to learn to seek humans out for that. I’d recommend taking each one for an entire day at a time and put them in a room with you, without access to their compadres. Over time, they should get more comfortable with you and realize you are a good substitute for one of their own. You can also introduce other human subjects so they don’t just see you as the only acceptable of our species! Good luck!

4. Julie Bradley
    June 27, 2017 @ 3:12 pm

I love your big, breaking, empathy filled heart!

5. Julie Bradley
    June 27, 2017 @ 3:14 pm

I love your big, beautiful, feeling heart!

6. kmkat
    July 3, 2017 @ 8:31 pm

Re: pets catching flies on the wing. My husband just told me about something a friend had posted on FB. She calls those flies “sky raisins.”

7. Nicole
    July 11, 2017 @ 5:37 pm

Those are some adorable kittens, and it’s wonderful that you’ve been able to foster them! I’ve always adopted my cats from shelters, but fostering is an additional step I haven’t yet taken. Scritches to your kitties!