1. Veganopoulous
    December 3, 2013 @ 11:13 pm

I really envy you guys with your white Christmases and lots of green. And pine cones! Christmas here in Melbourne often involves lazing around in front of an air conditioner and finding excuses not to bake gifts for people because it’s way too hot for the oven. Maybe that’s just me. For this year’s tree I was going to get a branch from somewhere and decorate it all artsy like but then my sister told me she did that one year and crap dripped all over the floor and her furnishings. I’ve enjoyed reading through your blog, my house was built in 1930 and I am also dealing with Previous Owner’s Horrible DIY Jobs And Design. Next year is the year we renovate and I’m wondering what treasures (not…) I will find.

2. Meegan
    December 3, 2013 @ 11:16 pm

You are amazingly fun and inspiring, my dear!! I am in awe of your garland, your Hometalk hang out AND those Craig’s List Mirrors!! You are so talented!!
    So happy to be on the tour with you!!

3. Momma Jo
    December 4, 2013 @ 12:47 am

OH WOW!!!! That’s gorgeous

4. Naughty or Nice? Thrifty Pillow Makeover w/Chalk Paint - Artsy Chicks Rule
    December 4, 2013 @ 7:04 am

[…] Tuesday DEC 3rd AT HOME WITH THE BARKERS RESTORING OUR 1890 VICTORIAN […]

5. mrscarmichael
    December 4, 2013 @ 7:52 am

how’d the bow go?

6. My Christmas Tree : Neutrals and Navy - The Golden Sycamore
    December 4, 2013 @ 9:13 am

[…] Tuesday DEC 3rd AT HOME WITH THE BARKERS RESTORING OUR 1890 VICTORIAN […]

7. Julie {Lilacs & Longhorns}
    December 4, 2013 @ 10:14 am

Your home is gorgeous, your writing is witty and I am quite certain you have won the blogging/decorating/creativity contest! lol Loved your tour, your post and am dying to know how much all that garland cost (because I’m nosy like that)! Haha!
    Thrilled to be touring with you! 🙂

8. Kiki
    December 4, 2013 @ 11:31 am

couldn’t comment earlier, had to watch the video first – much hilarity and smiles – standards quite varying too 🙂
    love your 200ft of garlands but am a bit worried that you might render your readers jealous with the ease you spend…. although Christmas Season shouldn’t allow for jealousy, right?!
    your home looks very lovely, the bits you let us see…. are you having a real winter season? here in France (Ile de France, nr Paris) it’s not very Christmassy, daily around 5-8C, a bit sunshine, a bit fog, cold winds but so far not a snowflake in sight…. Have to create Advent with my decorations and greenery, baubles, ties, wreathes everywhere (have about 5 or 7 all around the house), and BINGO, it works a treat… Now I need some 2 months time to write my 140 personal and personalized Christmas cards I do every year.
    i’ll have a bubbly tonight to your health – could you do a little dance for me? ta…. 🙂

9. Nancy
    December 4, 2013 @ 4:40 pm

The garland looks wonderful!!! You have such a great eye!

10. Nikki
    December 4, 2013 @ 5:55 pm

Read your post, shared on FB, read your post to hubs, and watched the video. LOVED it all. I am still giggling.

11. Vanessa {a fanciful twist}
    December 4, 2013 @ 6:35 pm

Elizabeth…… you fab creature you.

Yesterday, when I went to buy my fresh garland, I was told it wsa $15.99 per 15 feet.

When I went to pay it was $5.00, yes! 5 bucks. Yes. For 15 feet.

So, I put rolls of the stuff from my wrists to my shoulders.

Then I paid. But not before I realized I should plant 500 tulip bulbs.
    (while hanging garland I am sure)

Then as I got in my car, I thought, I NEED MORE!!

So, I did the same thing again.

I kept getting asked if I needed a cart, or help.

They couldn’t give me the help I needed.

Like, a valium and a swift talking to.

So, I just said no with bugged out eyes and madwoman glee.

And then, I thought, why leave 3 rolls of garland behind?

In the end, I left happy.

And drove off like Cruella Deville into the sunset.

Point? I get you.

Completely. Entirely.

But my question is….

Are you sure 200 feet is enough 😉

ha!

12. Vanessa {a fanciful twist}
    December 4, 2013 @ 6:36 pm

ps: I got so carried away. How rude. I forgot to say, your house is a vision! Fit for a kingdom 😉

Got an extra room? Will work for attic???

13. Janet
    December 5, 2013 @ 1:01 am

…and here is a You Tube link to how reading your column makes me feel.
    Every. Time.

14. Christine from Decorated Life
    December 5, 2013 @ 2:16 am

I totally understand where you’re coming from.. I just put a Christmas Decorating Guide together and exhausted myself in the process. Your house looks great.. and for anyone needing tips on how to keep your greenery alive over the holidays.. that’s on page 13, woodland tags are page 15… sorry.. the
    Following you like crazy! Good luck with google+ or hangouts ..
    If you get any opportunity to drop by and download the 2013 CDG you can get it here.. http://bit.ly/1ckW5Es

Love Your Work!

15. Ali Thompson
    December 5, 2013 @ 1:25 pm

You nailed it! So funny and I will admit some bloggers are great at the home stuff but lose me at their writing and I then just look at the pretty pictures. I read yours top to bottom and even waited till the kiddies went to bed so I could offer my full attention because you are always so funny. Your holiday home looks beautiful, I expected no less! Happy Holidays, I hope you are done and can relax now !

16. carlos
    December 5, 2013 @ 5:44 pm

Love it. I will still some of your ideas!

• carlos
      December 5, 2013 @ 6:00 pm

Steal…

17. jody
    December 6, 2013 @ 8:41 am

Victoria,
    Your home is absolutely stunning! I am mad and jealous! How do you do it all. You must have a rush of that glass up your nose throwing you into a panic frenzy or some really good expresso coffee beans with chocolate you are munching all day! Stunning! Inviting! Clean and not cluttered! Beautiful! And outright funny! I wish you would write daily! If you know of another author, who has your taste, vibe, beauty and charm, AND HUMOR please advise. I love you and love your posts! MERRY CHRISTMAS !

• Morgan
      December 8, 2013 @ 2:20 pm

Pfft. All those separate links were unnecessary in my last comment, here’s the main page of the blog I was recommending. I really shouldn’t try to function before noon, as my brain obviously isn’t!

Looking forward to Part Two of this post. Hope Victoria hasn’t OD’d from snorting all that glitter.

18. Kathie
    December 6, 2013 @ 11:22 am

Hi Victoria, you are just as delightful in person (i.e. live) as you are in the written form! 🙂

19. Christmas Tours Continue - At Home With The Barkers