1. Ruth
    December 3, 2013 @ 12:18 pm

Love reading your posts! Love that garland! Wish they were even more photos!

2. Andrea
    December 3, 2013 @ 12:25 pm

I love your blog. Every time I get an email notifying me of a new post I get so happy. You are an excellent writer. You are charming and witty and incredibly funny. I look forward to reading about the glitter.

P.S. Your home looks so warm and festive. I feel like I stepped back in time.

3. Gemma Teller
    December 3, 2013 @ 12:38 pm

I’m am now officially confused. As a first time reader, I thought for sure this post was a parody. Over-sharing, overly-cute-and-snarky bloggers of the world unite! Then I read the comments and it would appear that a great majority of the readers think this is serious. They sing praises and would love to live in a world where buying 200 feet of live garland without consulting the check book is just as normal as picking up the kids from school in the mini-van. I love some good entertainment as much as the next person and the home decor group hug going on here is great. But is this fact or is it fiction?

• Sarah Starr
      December 3, 2013 @ 12:51 pm

Shh…the garland is actually all photoshopped…

• Gemma Teller
        December 3, 2013 @ 1:43 pm

I knew something was off here.

• Gemma Teller
        December 3, 2013 @ 1:45 pm

Thanks for letting me in on the secret. The house looks fabulous!! I l.o.v.e it!!! 🙂

4. Windy
    December 3, 2013 @ 12:42 pm

VALEDICTORIAN OF GARLAND.

5. Lovely & Funny Holiday Post by Victoria Elizabeth Barnes | Collar City Brownstone
    December 3, 2013 @ 12:44 pm

[…] I am reblogging this from Victoria Elizabeth Barnes. […]

6. Megan @ Rappsody in Rooms
    December 3, 2013 @ 12:47 pm

Wow! 200 feet of garland is absolutely amazing! Your home looks stunning! I love the wood over the mantel. It’s so genius!!

7. Princess Mom
    December 3, 2013 @ 12:47 pm

I love you, Victoria, precisely because you are brave enough to do all the things I really want to do but am too shy/afraid/realistic! Right after I read this, my next email message included this quote, which, in the tradition of fortune cookies that get grabbed by the wrong person, I am sure was meant for you.
    “One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.”
    — A.A. Milne,
    British writer

8. Catherine
    December 3, 2013 @ 1:29 pm

My husband is on a teleconference right beside me which is really unfair when I am trying to hold in guffawing. When, when will I learn not to read your posts when he is here working beside me….

9. Jennifer
    December 3, 2013 @ 1:29 pm

Wow. I haven’t even started to decorate!! Your description of what Christmas is to Bloggers is perfect. So much in fact, that I felt the need to share it on Google+, which I may have done in incorrectly because I’m just learning about it. Anyway…fab looking. I’ll have to get my stuff out soon. You’re so brave to be part of this “competition”:-)

10. Dev
    December 3, 2013 @ 1:31 pm

Aw crap. I have a conference call at 2! Who would schedule such a thing?!
    My colleague in Texas that’s who. Otherwise I’d eat lunch then and watch!

11. Gail D.
    December 3, 2013 @ 1:37 pm

You know…no, I won’t say it out loud because then it might really happen. BUT…maybe you should be reminded that evergreens dry out and do not get along well with open flames…BUT no, I won’t mention that you will need to be extra careful with the fireplace lighter. I mean, anyone who can catapult herself into the tree must use extra caution with lighters, no? All the same, your house looks absolutely beautiful. Just…use caution, OK?

12. Jocelyn
    December 3, 2013 @ 1:45 pm

I am here to say that I have never used garland. But in case I ever do, I am glad to know that more is… more! Good luck on Google + sounds cool – I have to leave for work in 4 minutes but I’ll watch it later, if that’s possible?

13. Leslie @ House on the Way
    December 3, 2013 @ 2:25 pm

Lovely! Your garland is gorgeous! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

14. Marilyn Wilkie
    December 3, 2013 @ 2:26 pm

Hey Elizabeth. You were great. Enjoyed it very much. Your words were in synch with your lips but the moderator’s were not. Interesting.

15. Morgan
    December 3, 2013 @ 2:28 pm

No video, and I was looking forward to it! Will there be a replay?

16. Rachel
    December 3, 2013 @ 2:49 pm

Did you come up with the board to staple on top of the mantle idea? It is amazing and opens up so many possibilities!!! That is just as wonderful as the bow tutorial and should be on Pinterest!!!

17. Dria
    December 3, 2013 @ 2:50 pm

😉 Your home is stunning all that greenery is so worth it!! Your winning in the greenery category that’s for sure lol! Love your hilarious humor 😉 going to go watch your debut on film!!!

18. 12 Days of Christmas Tour | DIO Home Improvements
    December 3, 2013 @ 2:53 pm

[…] Tuesday DEC 3rd AT HOME WITH THE BARKERS RESTORING OUR 1890 VICTORIAN […]

19. Brian
    December 3, 2013 @ 2:59 pm

Sorry I missed the live presentation I am on Central Time) still quite interesting and as always humorous. Your bow looked great.

20. Jen @ Girl in the Garage
    December 3, 2013 @ 3:53 pm

I don’t think there’s such a thing as too much garland- it looks perfect and I especially love the banister! Can’t wait to see what you do with all that glitter!