1. Toni
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:01 pm

LOVED THIS! The video was genius because now you have given us all fodder to help convince our husbands that whatever lame brained thing we will want to bring home will maybe NOT require the lengths your dear husband went to…..thus making US look very reasonable!!!! THANK YOU!

2. Rose
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:03 pm

OMG. Where do I find myself a Paul of my very own? Seriously. You hit the husband lottery. I let out a big “awwwww!” when he dipped you at the end.

3. Linda
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:06 pm

You are absolutely adorable and you have the best husband in the history of the world! I enjoy your posts so much that I feel like you’re a close friend and kindred spirit. I live in northern Chester county. Would love to share a coffee and conversation with you sometime!

4. Kathryn
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:07 pm

sealed with a kiss!

5. Siouxzie Q
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:11 pm

1. Paul is a God. Full stop.
    2. You’re nuts, but totally in a Don-Draper-would-have-to-bed-her-she’s-so-cute-sort-of-way.
    3. Dear Santa, I would also like a warehouse for spare glory.

6. Toni
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:12 pm

I showed your video to my husband…..it’s official….he now hates Paul! But we all LOVE him….can we borrow him?

7. Marsha
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:19 pm

Dear Dear One,
    I think you are brilliant and Paul is your enabler. I am sure he is brilliant in his own right- but look how you bring out his talents! I will watch this video again now that I took the time to read all of the comments. Really girl- who has a blog where even the comments deserve a read? You do! Please keep us posted…

8. Chenell Tannure
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:26 pm

I heart Paul. My husband is just pretty.

9. Gerry
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:30 pm

Awsome video! You two are geniuses! A question – just how hard/easy was it to get that window out and reinstalled?

10. Deborah Wilkins
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:30 pm

How cute! But, please don’t quote me as most husbands do not like “cute”!

11. Kelly
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:34 pm

DUDE your husband is a GENIUS. Can I borrow him? I have various odd sized things that need to go up and down tiny old house stairs.

But no seriously, I didn’t even see any cursing or yelling from him either. How is that possible for a man not to do? Is he an android? Did you slip him something?

12. judy
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:35 pm

I kept thinking” Perils of Pauline” as the music played into a crescendo of accomplishment and true love realized. where’s the guy in the cape and mustachio’s when you need him. Oscar worthy video and the bed is superb!

13. Tyler J. Yoder
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:36 pm

Mostly, I’m impressed by your dancing skills – and the fact that Paul was willing to join in at the end, after essentially levitating the headboard onto the roof!

14. Memmey
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:37 pm

Seriously one of my best friends told me about you and Paul and now I’m GONE for you both!!
    Sweet Baby Jesus this is outstanding. I thought guys like Paul were an female urban legend. There IS one out there. He may be an anomaly . The “big foot “of a women’s dreams.
    Ok I’ll be here from now on…

15. Jessica F.
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:37 pm

ok now my ideas don’t sound so crazy!!! your video just made my day thank you for posting it!

16. eva
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:38 pm

Oh how precious this video was…I sincerely hope that my 23 year old daughter will find a guy like your Paul…you are both adorable!

17. Pam
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:42 pm

So…my husband is pretty wonderful. Possibly the best in the world – except, he doesn’t dance. We might need to rectify that little problem. I’ll have to encourage him to watch your video! Thanks for sharing – the bed is going to be amazing in your home!

18. Sneza
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:44 pm

I must have Paul!

PAULLLLLLL!!!!

CALLLL ME!!!

19. Danielle
    February 19, 2014 @ 1:49 pm

I must have not been home that day! I missed all the action!! Next time! Text me, I always need a good show:)

20. jrm
    February 19, 2014 @ 2:06 pm

Is Paul an engineer? Such a brilliant ramp and video.

21. kathleen grace
    February 19, 2014 @ 2:07 pm

My first thought was, “but how are they going to get it through that window?” My second thought is you are a super genius for marrying Paul. The bed is magnificent, Paul, even more so :>)

22. Becky Weatherly
    February 19, 2014 @ 2:07 pm

There are no words to tell you how amazing your headboard-moving-magic video delighted me! I’ve been waiting and watching for it since you mentioned it in your last post.

Two things: You must have your husband under a spell because I didn’t detect a trace of resentment or frustration on his face. How do you do that? The other thing is that I am taking care of my 2 year old granddaughter, and she was on my lap when I watched the video. She was mesmerized! When it was over, she said “Again,” so instead of Strawberry Shortcake, you are our featured cartoon today! I am posting on Facebook!

23. Jessica
    February 19, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

I love how much light your house gets! Oh, and Paul seems pretty swell, too! 🙂

24. Jillian
    February 19, 2014 @ 2:22 pm

Love the video! Perfect music, too. 🙂 Nice headboard. My hubby wouldn’t have been in the dancing mood after all that! lol

25. Melanie
    February 19, 2014 @ 2:23 pm

Your husband is a genius! And you are a genius for marrying him! What a fantastic video, you both are the cutest, thanks for delighting all of us.
    Melanie

26. AnnMarie
    February 19, 2014 @ 2:38 pm

You made bank with Paul. Not only does the man move the stuff you find, he also dances. ^_^

The music and all the cheeky winks for the camera totally make this video. You rock.

27. Betsie B Johnson
    February 19, 2014 @ 2:39 pm

In 1965 my husband and I removed a Victorian bed from a Michigan cottage and dragged it to Ann Arbor for Senior year. We had just married. We lowered the bed thru a windowwith an extension cord we found in the cottage. I was up and my husband was down to receive the bed, which prompty fell on him when the cord broke. Your video made it look easy. It is not easy. I still temember.

28. Morgan James
    February 19, 2014 @ 2:48 pm

I want to be you when I grow up!

29. Sunnie Mitchell
    February 19, 2014 @ 2:49 pm

Best. Ever!

30. Jeane Gallo
    February 19, 2014 @ 2:50 pm

Love it all. The headboard, your husband, the movie… Just hope this is your last house. I can imagine the consternation of the movers trying to figure out how to get all the furniture out of your house.

31. Jennifer @ Also Known As...the Wife
    February 19, 2014 @ 3:02 pm

Are you originally from west of Harrisburg? I only ask because you said “pop” bottle instead of “soda” bottle.

You did luck out with Paul…I mean the man tied you to the roof so you wouldn’t fall AND he hauled a big ass headboard up through a window for you. If that’s not love, I don’t know what is.

• Victoria Elizabeth Barnes
      February 19, 2014 @ 3:27 pm

My dad’s family is from Indiana, and we spent all our holidays out there as kids.

(It was the only time my mom let us eat all the sugar we wanted… To me, Indiana is a magical land of pop, candy canes, and ice cream.)

32. tammigirl
    February 19, 2014 @ 3:05 pm

3. You make a kick-arse video!

I would write a terribly clever comment but I’m busy giving you a standing ovation.

33. Stephanie Hobson
    February 19, 2014 @ 3:06 pm

I showed this to my husband and he burst out laughing at the end. We’ve been married 40 years (!!!!!) and your two points describe us perfectly… the best help I can give him with my projects is no help at all, and the smartest thing I ever did was marry him.

34. Corey
    February 19, 2014 @ 3:27 pm

You are the bomb! Love the music.

35. Jenn
    February 19, 2014 @ 3:41 pm

LOVE IT!!! Your Paul and my Tom would have a great time together…. He’s always doing what seems to be crazy stuff but is actually GENIUS!! (He’s welding on something now as I type!) So your video reminds me of when we had to move the piano up a flight of stairs. And we WERE NOT going to pay someone to come in and do that for us (especially with free labor i.e. children)! No, my engineer husband devised a contraption including grocery store conveyor belt rollers (who doesn’t have a set of these laying around?) wood and some rope. Then we had the kids (!!!) pull the rope while he pushed it up the conveyor belt. Wish I had taken a video because while I was confident in my husband’s abilities, I was still a little concerned about becoming a real-life Laurel and Hardy movie re-make! Piano made it, no broken backs and my kids learned that it is better to work SMART than to work HARD!! Your Paul is priceless… don’t ever let him go!

36. Corinne
    February 19, 2014 @ 3:51 pm

There was something that i wasn’t used to seeing in this video . I realized it was the grass. Sad when you are starting to miss brown and dull green. signed tired of the white.

37. Ileana Keltz
    February 19, 2014 @ 3:55 pm

This video clip made my day. If they gave out Oscars for blog videos, you would win them all. I didn’t think anything could top your Don Draper video, but this was the best! Paul is the real treasure. His love for you is so touching and out there for all of the world to see. That single gesture of tethering you to keep you safe, speaks volumes. I love your blog <3

38. Laura
    February 19, 2014 @ 3:59 pm

Oh. Wow.

39. Susan
    February 19, 2014 @ 4:07 pm

You crazy kids! Paul is adorable. No, you both are. Love the video. Love the bed even more. 😉

40. Shelley Y
    February 19, 2014 @ 4:12 pm

LOVE it. The. whole. thing. I especially love how safety conscious Paul is (tethering you to the house?!), and how he kept your Beloved safe with all those blankets. He’s like a modern day Knight! I only have one question: Why don’t you have your own television show?