1. Becky
    February 19, 2014 @ 10:59 am

I heart you so bad Elizabeth Barnes. This video made my morning.

2. Debra
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:01 am

Keep that Man!
    PS Keep blogging, love you!

3. Mary Beth
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:04 am

Happy happy happy for you!!!! As I always say ‘We’ll make it work!’ And you and Paul did just that. Determination is everything.

4. Maria M
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:04 am

Awesome ingenuity!! You have the best Craigslist finds, and you hit the lottery with Paul!! 🙂

5. Gaenor
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:04 am

Strangely evocative of Laurel & Hardy’s “The Music Box”… (without a pond) and I love that you need to be tied to the house while Paul is apparently superior at walking around without spontaneously falling over! Thank you.

6. Yoonjung Nam
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:08 am

I am crying!!! not because of the bed, but you and Paul. What a great team and a couple!!

7. cheryl
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:12 am

Ditto to all of the above comments. You are a delight! So creative and talented. Keep ’em coming!

8. Dianne
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:12 am

Heck with the bed….I want Paul!!!!!!! 🙂

9. Jill
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:13 am

I love when you have videos because then I can share them with my husband and then he can see that someone else in this world has even more batshit crazy ideas and mine pale in comparison to yours. Don’t get me wrong I think you are still a rock star, but I use you as leverage when it comes to projects. Ps your husband is a genuis, but I think you are even smarter because you married him! 🙂

10. Vivian
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:16 am

Fantastically clever! BTW, if anyone says the video doesn’t play, ask them if they’re using Firefox….I had to switch to Chrome to get it to play. Can’t wait to see the bed all put together in it’s complete glory!

11. susan
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:17 am

I normally avoid blog posted videos like the plague but yours is so far beyond entertaining it ought to be mandatory viewing. I will watch ANYTHING you post. Everything about that video was rainbow sparkles. With unicorns. And glitter.

12. M. Beckhardt
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:17 am

Love the music and your dance at the end!

13. Celia
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:21 am

So Victoria, you had me back at the acquisition of the kingdom mirror-but this bed thing is pretty darn good too! Loved the video. I would so enjoy seeing little videos spot tours of sections or projects within you home- maybe another video soon? I also am drawn to the opportunity to be privy to the workings of a great marriage – thank you for sharing and inspiring! I continue to be enamored with my “I can’t believe I have this!” craigslist painting I obtained after being promopted by your kingdom find. 80° in Arizona today- headed out for a hike. xoxo

14. Beth
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:32 am

We had to take the base of our TempurPedic bed through a 2nd story window…it was a big slider window and the base JUST fit through the diagonal. We achieved this with me upstairs in the bedroom, my husband riding in a tractor loader bucket with the base, and our tween daughter at the controls of the loader !!!

It worked. But when I was replacing the curtains on that window I hit my head on the running ceiling fan and cut it, prompting a trip to my mom the nurse to make sure I didn’t need stitches.
    This fall we moved that bed downstairs. Okay, I was gone, and so my husband and teenage daughter did it themselves. I don’t even want to know how.

15. Angie
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:33 am

Oh my goodness this is amazing! You’re my hero!!

16. Tina Amb
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:34 am

I think Paul is wonderful! My husband would have left it in the garage… no, wait! He wouldn’t even had gone after it. 🙁 It is lovely and so are you! Loved the video!

17. Gwen C
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:35 am

I ABSOLUTLEY adore the video! I love you your blog and the way you just feel something and then somehow make it work/happen!

18. Val LaBore
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:37 am

This reminds me so much of us carrying my antique armoire that comes in three parts. It has a bonnet, then the cabinet (which has nothing to grip) and the lower cabinet w/ drawer. The middle cabinet is too big for most any opening. And now that its upstairs, my hubby claims it will stay there. We don’t have a roof like you do to climb onto but this gives me an idea if we ever move again.
    Thoroughly enjoyed your video!
    Val

19. maggie b
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:37 am

Paul is a perfect match! You both have such a whimsical sense of fun. I love it! Well done!

20. architectdesignblog
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:38 am

LOVE the video -so cute and so jealous of your find. Maybe not of all the work though. how did he remove the window to get it in? wow…
    PS – those 2 shutters on the 2nd floor bedroom window don’t’ belong -remove them! they only belong where it looks like they could actually close like the single windows. I think you’ll like the difference. but thats just the overly opinionated architect in me speaking.

21. Laura
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:39 am

How on earth did you get the music to sync up so perfectly???

22. badkitty
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:41 am

The sweetest part of this is where Paul tethers you for safety and then recklessly disregards his own in favor of getting your headboard indoors quickly.

If you hadn’t already, I’d tell you to marry that man TOMORROW.

23. Mel Mckeefry
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:42 am

Awesome sauce!!! Your husband must REALLY love you!!

24. Cathy R
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:44 am

This was absolutely too cute for words! I am sharing your site with my best buds. They will LOVE it!

25. Debby
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:56 am

He’s a genius! Loved the video!

26. Kiki
    February 19, 2014 @ 11:59 am

this is ÜBER-wonderful – top cute – imaginative – beautifully assembled (the video I mean) – funny – ingeniously thought out – it’s the tops of the Goldwyn Meyer, sorry VEB films…. 🙂
    Thank you so much, I so, so love this
    The only thing I hate is that I get the posts so late (it’s nearly 6pm here….) – when already 70 people or so have had their say – you won’t even be able to read this because you’re probably so saturated with everybody’s comments and praises. Thank your lucky stars for having gotten Paul; he REALLY is a STAR – and you were SO helpful(ly dancing about!!!) !!!! You’re a brilliant couple and I love you both.
    Will you post the video on YTube? THAT would make you the star you are in my eyes in no time…. How about that?
    Love and big hugs and SAFE DREAMS IN YOUR PRETTY BED
    Kiki

27. Gaylin
    February 19, 2014 @ 12:05 pm

Your so frickin adorable!!
    Love the mini epic movie! Your ridiculously clever!
    And one lucky lady with catching Paul!!
    Thank him will you!? I will be showing this to my wonderful husband to inspire him!

28. Susan Garner
    February 19, 2014 @ 12:08 pm

You are both pure gold….and I love happy endings! Thanks for the laughs. I kind of expected Elvis to play a part in the MGM intro. Maybe next time??

29. Carole @ Rustic Artistry
    February 19, 2014 @ 12:08 pm

Paul, will you marry me?

30. Callie
    February 19, 2014 @ 12:10 pm

Beyond awesomeness!!!

31. Jo keyes
    February 19, 2014 @ 12:15 pm

So cute. I love the bed! And the video too! think you two are made for each other.

32. Sue H.
    February 19, 2014 @ 12:19 pm

Does Paul have a brother? Or a father? Or an uncle? Or a grandfather? I’m in the market for someone with his genes (and jeans). Totally awesome (loved the safety rope)

• Yvonne Angus
      February 21, 2014 @ 5:01 pm

Jeans or genes?…could have a totally diff meaning, you know! Lol!

33. Nicole
    February 19, 2014 @ 12:21 pm

I actually watched this, and then showed it to my husband… Because those are TOTALLY the sort of lengths he would go to get something moved. I have no idea where he gets these ideas from, but I, too, married a real “keeper”. BTW loved the Charleston interlude, and the music.

34. Sandy
    February 19, 2014 @ 12:32 pm

Okay it’s now official I want to be your friend and neighbor. You have so much fun!!!!

35. Sharyl Murphy
    February 19, 2014 @ 12:38 pm

Gotta love that Paul!

36. Linda S. Montgomery
    February 19, 2014 @ 12:44 pm

I am so deeply touched by how much Paul loves you or your ability to bring him over to the dark side.

I often forward your posts to my boyfriend and write “SEE!!” Usually to no avail.

Still I am able to drag him with me on occasion to a demolition sale where we find the EXACT same trim to match ours in our little Victorian. At 65 cents a linear foot how could you go wrong? He’ll complain that he has to do all the work but hey, isn’t that half the fun?

I will love you even more if you keep the posts coming.

I remain your devoted fan.

Best,

Linda

37. Amber Roth
    February 19, 2014 @ 12:52 pm

A life changing video for sure… I think we are kindred spirits! <3

38. Kathi
    February 19, 2014 @ 12:54 pm

I want to nominate your husband for sainthood. Loved your video!

39. Katy
    February 19, 2014 @ 12:56 pm

Great video! Well worth the wait in the continuing bed saga. You are one lucky gal. I
    started checking out craigslist in my area….we have nothing, nothing I tell ya. So, I will
    live vicariously through you and your adventures. Standing by to see the finished
    product. Thanks for another great post. I should get back to work but I’m going to watch the
    video one more time. 🙂

40. Peggy
    February 19, 2014 @ 12:58 pm

The man is a genius! I mean, to marry YOU! Not too bad on figuring out how to get that headboard upstairs, too.
    I loved the part where he tied you off. I was wondering if that was when you were going to make a flying leap off the porch roof. But Paul would be a fool to let you do that!