About Us

Meet Victoria

Charming wife, sometimes shrew. Cat mother, book lover. General contractor, dictator. Loather of noise. Hater of disruption. Gardener, bookcase fetishist. Adorer of the oversized and ornate. Obsessive-compulsive procrastinator. Lover of fashion—wearer of pajama pants. Coveter of architectural salvage. Hoarder of priceless junk.

A blog about renovating and restoring our old Victorian house

Meet Paul

Magician, storyteller, fixer of all things broken. Project engineer, mover of walls, slayer of lath. MadMan, Fred Astaire, voice of reason. Performer of comic skits. One-man demolition crew. Fetcher of giant, unwieldy, Craigslist treasures I cannot live without.

A blog about a husband and wife renovating an old Victorian house

Meet Elvis

Swing vote, lap cat. Leader of the revolution.

A blog about a husband and wife restoring an old house

Bathroom details, Kitchen ideas, Materials, Frustration, Construction…

1. Kess Eldridge
    August 9, 2017 @ 11:22 pm

Saw this photo essay and thought of you. The gorgeous, abandoned pieces in here make ME want to cry and I am not as adept at you.

Enjoy

2. Dana
    September 20, 2017 @ 1:20 pm

I was randomly looking at very large expensive homes (I call them “Fun Houses”), and found one that will speak to you. They also love decorating with very large and fancy pieces, so much so, that they don’t have kitchen cabinets. It is on Trulia, and the MLS# is 7036716. Enjoy

3. Mica
    January 15, 2018 @ 12:29 am

I can’t find where to message you. I hope you got this in time. The holy redeemer thrift store on county line road currently has a Victorian vanity set for there silent auction. It was only $80. On sat. It has the most detailed, beautiful large mirror (with a detailed stand). The brush, hand held mirror. A Victorian powder puff set (I think). A few Victorian glass bottle and a antique shave cup and shave brush. Plus the best part was the tray… a mirrored tray with colored stones detailed on the curved arms of the vanity tray. Good luck. ☺️

4. Heather Morris
    March 8, 2018 @ 8:55 am

Somehow you popped up on my feed and I had a good LOL for reals with your Kingdom mirror…I think we could be besties if I was not on the complete opposite end of the state of PA (Erie)…I especially love the comment about the insane enablers…Count Me In!! How Ab Fab is that Mirror!!!!! Best Wishes 🙂

5. Kia
    March 14, 2018 @ 11:38 pm

This has been a joy to read. I should be asleep, but I am laughing out loud. Your writing style is so entertaining and you do a great job of making your reader feel your excitement…as well as his frustration. Great job!

6. Becky Baker
    April 11, 2018 @ 9:17 pm

I feel the need to tell you, after reading much of what you are posting, that I must most certainly be your long lost cousin/sister/aunt/best friend….for I am definitely your soul sister. Thank you for your wit, wisdom, love of cats, and appreciation of all things overly ornate and uncared for. I share them all. Thanks for an enjoyable evening.
    Becky Baker

7. C. Nelson
    April 27, 2018 @ 3:02 pm

I seem to recall you asking for ideas about a disgrace? I saw the following article and thought it might give you an idea.